The Q (Quest) Series encompasses Ibanez's most progressive electric guitars to date. Developed from the ground up, these cutting-edge instruments cater for the newest generation of players — those who seek portable, ergonomic tools that can keep up with the increasingly technical and flamboyant styles spreading across modern rock and metal music.
Features for the Forward-Thinking
Headless guitars are pushing far beyond the formulas of the past, and Ibanez has fully embraced this shift in contemporary instrument design with its Q Series. Boasting a number of additional unique elements intended to maximise tone, performance and playing comfort — including custom-made pickups, a 'dyna-MIX' switching system, a highly-adjustable 'Mono Tone' bridge and a proprietary string-locking mechanism — the Q Series makes guitarists of all disciplines question the full scope of their creative potential.
Ibanez Q54 - A Versatile Tone Machine!
Ibanez's Q54 model will satisfy any headless guitar enthusiast, but with its straight-fret fingerboard and flexible HSS pickup configuration — it's arguably the most accessible, all-round instrument in the lineup. A brilliant option for players who may have never even considered a headless guitar before, the Q54 will easily captivate any musician that picks it up!
- Ergonomic Q Series Design — The compact, lightweight body features a number of strategically-placed curves on both the top and back; boosting comfort. Headless neck reduces total instrument length to just 80 centimetres!
- Nyatoh Body — An ideal tonal foundation for the versatile HSS pickup layout; offering a rich mid-range and tight low-end.
- Roasted Maple/Bubinga Neck — 3-piece construction ensures rock-solid stability in changeable climates and conditions.
- Wizard "C" Profile — Neutral shape caters for various playing styles; it’s not too thick, too thin, or too flat.
- Roasted Birdseye Maple Fretboard — Heat-treated for a balanced attack and rich sustain. Has plenty of exotic flair too!
- 24 Jescar EVO Gold Frets — Material is renowned for its durability, vibrant tone and silky-smooth feel; allowing for effortless string bending.
- Luminescent Side Dots — Glow-in-the-dark markers will always let you know where you're at, even on the most ill-lit stages!
- Custom String Lock — 1-piece unit features a very simple design; meaning less maintenance, great longevity and easy string changes. No specialised string is required, so you can continue to use your favourite gauge and brand!
- Mono Tune Bridge — Provides a wide intonation range; making it straightforward to set the instrument up for drop-tunings. String height is also easily adjustable.
- Proprietary Q58 & R1 Pickups — Designed specifically for the Q Series, these pickups deliver a clearly-defined sound; facilitating excellent balance through all frequencies.
- dyna-MIX9 Switching System — Offers 9 pickup variations for a wide sonic palette. Can switch between humbucker and single-coil modes with just a flick of the mini alter switch!
- Included Gig Bag — Durable construction protects the guitar against knocks on the road.
- Body Wood: Nyatoh
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Quest Series
- Neck Wood: 3-Piece Roasted Maple/Bubinga
- Neck Profile: Wizard "C"
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Scale Length: 648 mm (25.5")
- Fingerboard Wood: Roasted Birdseye Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 305 mm
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl Off-Set Dot
- Side Inlays: Luminescent Dot
- Frets: 24, Jescar EVO Gold
- String Spacing: 10.8mm
- Nut: Plastic
- Nut Width: 42 mm
- Neck Pickup: Ibanez R1 Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup: Ibanez R1 Single-Coil
- Bridge Pickup: Ibanez Q58 Humbucker
- Controls: Volume, Tone, 5-Way Pickup Selector Switch
- Additional Electronics: dyna-MIX9 Switching System with Alter Switch
- Hardware Colour: Cosmo Black
- Bridge: Ibanez Mono Tune
- Other: Ibanez Custom String Lock
- Total Instrument Length: 800 mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (10-46)
- Accessories: Hex Wrench, Truss Rod Adjust Bar
- Case: Gig Bag (Included)