The KM-7 Mk-II is the signature model of metal virtuoso, Keith Merrow. As you'd expect, the KM-7 is designed to meet the demands of Keith's heavy riffs and swift playing style. With its lightweight ash body, Fishman Fluence pickups, and a neck made for swift playing styles, the KM-6 is designed for the modern metal player.
A swamp ash body gives this guitar a light feel, perfect for long sets where a comfortable and ergonomic guitar is necessary. Giving you a full-bodied sound, this serves as the perfect tonal foundation for the versatile Fishman Fluence pickups, bringing out the best of their qualities. Adorned with a beautiful flamed maple top, this guitar will get plenty of attention on stage!
An 'ultra thin C' neck profile provides further comfort, giving amazing playability that will enable you to play fast runs almost effortlessly. Constructed of a mixture of Maple and Wenge, you can expect a snappy response with plenty of mid-range attack when playing fast intricate riffs or complex solos.
Reinforced with Carbon Fibre rods, this neck will stay rock-solid, less susceptible to warping when touring in varying climates. With its elegant binding and 24 extra-jumbo stainless steel frets, your fingers will simply fly up and down the fretboard.
Fishman Fluence Pickups
This guitar features Keith Merrow's signature set of Fishman Fluence humbuckers. While Fluence pickups are active, Keith has designed his signature set to have the responsiveness of a passive pickup. These pickups have a powerful and aggressive sound that's perfect for metal and rock styles. The KM-7 is also deceptively versatile. With dual voicings in the pickups and the push/pull volume control for coil-splitting, there are a wide range of tones accessible in this guitar.
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Maple/Wenge 5-pc w/Carbon Fibre Reinforcement Rods
- Inlays: Offset/Reverse Circles
- Side Dot Markers: Glow In The Dark w/Black Circle
- Scale: 26.5” (673mm)
- Neck Shape: Ultra Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .748” (19mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .787” (20mm)
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Fretboard Radius: 12”-16” Compound Radius
- Nut: Ernie Ball Compensated Nut
- Nut Width: 1.889” (48mm)
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ Heel Access Spoke Wheel
- Top Contour: Flat Top w/Bevel Edge
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Neck-Thru w/Ultra Access
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Top Material: Flamed Maple
- Binding: Maple
- Bridge: Hipshot Hardtail (.125) w/ String Thru Body
- Bridge Pickup: Fishman Fluence Keith Merrow Custom Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Fishman Fluence Keith Merrow Custom Humbucker
- Controls: Volume (Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Battery Compartment: 9-volt Clip-in Battery Compartment
- Hardware Color: Black
- Knobs: Hipshot O-Ring
- Ernie Ball 7-String (.009/.011/.016/.026/.036/.046/.062)