Walrus Audio’s Monument pedal offers the full spectrum of tremolo goodness – from classic velvety wobble to resonant overtone shimmer. With the V2, they’ve shrunk the form factor to single-pedal size, added top-mounted jacks, external tap & expression connectivity and a drastically improved frequency response.
The Walrus Audio Monument V2 – what’s new?
- Converted to smaller enclosure
- Expanded capability of side jack: now supports external tempo or can function as expression control over Rate, Depth, Shape, or Tap Multiplier and is assignable on the fly
- Improved tremolo response across all rates
- Top mounted jacks
- Momentary switch for instant effect toggle on/off
Here’s what Walrus Audio say:
Inspired by the beautifully jagged, red-sand desert landscape of Monument Valley, the Monument Tremolo is both a harmonic, and standard tremolo that produces a rich, luscious, warm pulsating modulation capable of peaks and valleys as smooth or as jagged as the real ones that our dear mother nature created long ago.
Full Tremolo Palette
With different combinations of the rate, division and shape knobs and tap tempo, everything from traditional tremolo to inspiring unique waveforms will help you carve new paths that you won’t hear anywhere else.
Harken back to vintage tones inspired by Fender Brownface amps in Harmonic mode. A low-pass and high-pass version of your guitar signal is modulated opposite of each other, or 180 degrees out of phase (high and low frequencies rise and fall opposite of each other). The result is a warm, almost “chewy” tremolo.
The Division knob can be set to quarter, triplet, eighth and sixteenth. Wave shapes can be controlled via the Shape knob. You can move between Sine, Square, Ramp, Lumps and Monument Mode (random).
A special feature on the Monument is the bypass switch also has a momentary function. When the switch is in off position, press and hold to temporarily activate the effect to add a moment of texture. Releasing the switch turns the effect off.
When the pedal is on, press and hold the bypass switch to ramp up the tremolo rate. Release the switch and the rate will ramp down to previously set tempo. Setting the depth knob at 0 and the volume knob above unity creates a clean boost.
- Tremolo with full analog signal-path (opto-isolator)
- Digital LFO Tap control
- Standard or Harmonic mode selectable
- Harmonic mode based on legendary Fender Brownface Amps (1959– 63)
- Controls: rate, depth, division, shape, volume, har/std switch, tap, bypass
- Five modulation wave shapes (sine, square, ramp, lump, monument)
- Monument wave shape mode generates a random LFO pattern
- Adjustable Division factor for Tremolo: quarter, triplets, eighth & sixteenth
- Momentary or continuous bypass mode
- Ramp Up Function (momentarily ramps up tremolo rate to max)
- Volume level control to compensate losses or engage a boost function
- Tap LED to constantly visually see tap speed
- Side Input works as external Tap-Tempo- or Expression-Pedal-Input
- Expression-Pedal Input: control parameter of choice: rate, depth, shape or tap-multiplier
- Tap-Tempo-input: for external momentary tap switches or overall clock
- Power requirements: 9VDC, 8.9mA
- Power Supply not included
- Daisy Chain Power Supplies are not recommended
- True-Bypass Design
- Handmade in the USA