Catalinbread Dreamcoat Preamp/Overdrive Pedal
A Tool That Inspired Ritchie Blackmore Has Been Recreated to Inspire You!
2 IN STOCK
Order now for delivery to you on Fri 1st Jul 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 129 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Ritchie Blackmore is a rock 'n' roll trailblazer. His virtuosic playing style and electrifying guitar tones have influenced generations of players, with many adoring fans fastidious about capturing his signature sound. That's why Catalinbread has recreated the tools that inspired Blackmore with its Dreamcoat preamp and Skewer treble booster pedals — designed to closely emulate the unique gear that Blackmore used to achieve his distinctive Deep Purple guitar tone.
Both featuring incredible artwork, the two stompboxes can be operated individually but really come to life when used together — culminating in a classic sound for the modern era!
Catalinbread's Dreamcoat has the near-exact specs of the Aiwa TP-1011 reel-to-reel preamp that Blackmore used, with some extra features that make it a "multi-dimensional gain machine" — in Catalinbread's own words. It can be an unruly, velcro-y and sputtery beast, but one that can be tamed at low levels for a more classic rock vibe.
- FREQ: This affects the amount of boost at a specified frequency band by up to 10dB, ranging from 2.4KHz to 5KHz, which you set with the internal trimmer.
- BLEND: Blends the signal coming out of the Freq control with the Aiwa deck circuit. Nudge it south-of-max to gain back some of your pick attack, and turn it all the way down to hear just the EQ’d dry signal.
- SAT: Controls the amount of feedback present in the first stage of the Aiwa unit. You can think of it as a "gain range" control.
- MIC VOL: This is the original "distortion" control of the Aiwa deck and influences the total distortion of the circuit.
- MASTER: You know what this does! As you adjust the Blend control, you may need to turn this up to compensate.
- Current draw: 44mA
- Input impedance: >1MΩ
- Output impedance: <5KΩ
- Dimensions: 4.33” x 2.36” x 1.93”
- Weight: 0.4 lbs
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Mr Zsombor Feh?r7th Feb 2022
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+