The Boss DS-1 is one of the most popular distortion pedals of all time and has remained unchanged since 1978. In steps the Boss DS-1X. It's not a replacement for the DS-1, but a re-imagined design for the modern guitarist.
While the original DS-1 was a straightforward analogue pedal, the DS-1X uses Boss’ digital Multi-Dimensional Processing to achieve its distortion tones. The MDP technology adapts to your playing and gives you clear distortion tones at low or high gain, regardless of where you’re playing on the neck. With tight lows and crisp highs, with the DS-1X you don’t have to worry about your tone getting muddy or mushy.
Like the original, the DS-1x has Line and Distortion controls for adjusting how loud and aggressive you want your tone to be. The DS-1x forgoes the simple Tone knob found on the DS-1 in favour of Low and High controls. This way you can have more precise control over the EQ of your distortion.
- Special edition BOSS distortion pedal with next-generation sound, feel, and tonal response
- All-new design provides a superior playing experience that’s unattainable with analog distortion pedals
- Powerful real-time processing adapts to your playing to provide ideal distortion tones in every register
- Enjoy perfect sounds over the entire fretboard, from tight, crisp tones on the low strings to fat, singing tones on the highest notes
- High-clarity distortion sound that’s never muddy or boomy, even when playing two or more notes at the same time
- Ultra-responsive to volume changes and picking dynamics
- Very low noise, even with high-gain settings
- Drive, High, and Low knobs offer a wide range of sound shaping not found in typical stompbox pedals
- Striking appearance with exclusive chrome knobs and control plate, plus vintage silver knob for battery compartment access
- Features BOSS’ innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP), realized with proprietary technology and custom DSP
- BOSS five-year warranty