Bogner Ecstasy Blue Overdrive Pedal
The Bogner Ecstacy Blue overdrive pedal is a beautiful low to mid gain overdrive based on the legendary Ecstacy amplifier also from Bogner. The Blue channel on the original Ecstacy amplifier will take you from a soft smooth crunch to a much more in your face tone perfect for rock lead. This pedal captures that perfectly and with the way it responds it feels like you just added another channel to your amp.
The Ecstacy Design
The Bogner Ecstacy is well known for its range of British style tones that push classic sounds to a more modern style. This pedal perfecty encapsulates this with a focus on 60's style amplifiers and their stunning crunch tones that have appeared on countless albums.
Want a bit more gain? The built in boost section can really push your amplifier working either as a standard volume boost or as a softly driven wonder for more gain and sustain.
Looking at the front of the pedal you will see a lot of controls you recognise like Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Gain knobs as well as boost and power switches. These all act as you would expect and you even have two mini pots so you can dial in what you want when you engage the boost mode.
The switches at the top really give this pedal a special touch however as you can cover a lot of range just by using these.
- Variac: Acts like a tube rectifier. In the on position you lose a bit of attack and get a smoother rock and roll tone like you would have heard in some cooler vintage amps. This is more of a response and feel thing than a tonal difference so it is down to personal taste.
- Mode: In Plexi position the pedal takes on the sound of a more vintage British tone while in Blue mode you are getting the more hot rodded and modern sound of the Ecstacy.
- Pre EQ: B1 has a very open top end with a lot of presence, great with any single coil or P90 loaded guitar. N is neutral so it has no effect on the pedal. B2 is a midrange boost that stretches a bit in to the high end and works great with humbuckers.
- Structure: 101 is your classic smiley EQ with a boost in the lows and highs with a dip in the mids. 100 flips that over with a bass and low cut but a midrange boost, great for the modern sound. Finally the 25th mode boosts the top end and midrange for another step in the modern direction.
Here's what Bogner say about the Ecstacy Blue Overdrive
The Ecstasy amplifier was born in 1992 and decades later Bogner is still hand building each amp, one at a time, right here in Los Angeles, California. The Ecstasy blue pedal captures the classic blue channel tone of this legendary amplifier, acclaimed for its ability to deliver iconic and classic rock-n-roll crunch. Everyone knows that blue delivers stunning Plexi tones, but when the going gets rough, make no mistake - blue can crush on demand.
Reinhold designed the Ecstasy blue pedal with four discrete Class A gain stages and with no op-amps or diode clipping, mirroring the circuitry of the Ecstasy amplifier's blue channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in overdrive pedals.
The Ecstasy blue is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9VDC power supply. Reinhold's advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Ecstasy amplifier's legendary tube design.
- True bypass
- Boost function with independently lit volume and gain controls
- Master Controls: volume, treble, middle, bass and gain
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a "dropped voltage" dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Mode Switch: Plexi and Blue offers vintage lower gain or modified higher gain levels
- Pre-Eq Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control "openness" and presence of higher range harmonics
- Structure Switch: 100, 101 and 20th Anniversary settings offer EQ shifts and gain structures from various eras/models of Ecstasy amplifiers
- Jacks: input, output and remote.
- Remote jack allows control of the on/off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- Low Battery Indicator: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold.
- Premium components include: Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays, Carling switches and more
4 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Thursday, 22 March 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
2 in stock at our Guildford store
2 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery