Here's what Behringer say about the BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer:
With 15 dB available boost or cut per band, the BEQ700’s seven frequency bands have been carefully chosen to provide the ultimate tools for EQing the bass guitar, even extended range instruments. Of course, to make full use of its capabilities, you should first understand some basics about the frequency range of your axe.
The BEQ700 covers the audio spectrum from below 50 Hz to over 10 kHz, allowing you to effectively cut or boost specific frequencies that help focus your sound. Special attention has been paid to the critical midrange frequencies, which can either make or break your sound. The following section offers tips that will have you sculpting the perfect bass sound in no time at all.
How Does Equalization Work?
Imagine the audio frequency range as a very wide highway with lots of “lanes”. Each of these lanes represents a specific frequency band.
- The lanes on the left side contain the really low frequency content, mainly bass, bass vocals, and the kick and tom drums
- The middle lanes make up the fundamental zone of most musical instruments and the male and female vocals
- The right-hand lanes have all the high-frequency stuff , such as snare drums, cymbals, higher pitched percussion instruments and the content that adds sizzle to the mix
- Shape your sound and eliminate feedback with 7 bands of equalization
- This Behringer product has been designed to compete head to head with leading products on the market
- Wide frequency range from 50 Hz to 10 kHz with a powerful 15 dB boost/cut per band
- Status LED for effect on/off and battery check
- Runs on 9 V battery or the Behringer PSU-SB DC power supply (not included)
- First-class electronic On/Off switch for noise-free operation
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in Germany