We have been hearing about the Mooer Ocean Machine for a while and now it is finally here. Developed in conjunction with musical prog master Devin Townsend this pedal has been designed to reproduce his vast array of massive delays and reverbs he has used since the beginning of his career.
2 Delays, 1 Reverb
Devin has developed a bit of a signature sound which comes from running a delay into a reverb, into another delay pedal. For years this took massive rackmount gear or a bunch of different pedals on his pedalboard. The Ocean Machine shrinks this down to a small and easy to use package that will more than cover any delay or reverb sound you need.
To get the best Devin Townsend like sound out of this pedal set it up with a tape delay, into one of the larger reverbs and out to a ping pong delay. That setup will get you an instantly recognisable Devin tone in just a few minutes!
So Much Choice
There are loads of different sounds in this pedal waiting for you to find. You have plenty of options with 17 different delays ranging from 0-2 seconds of delay time and 9 different reverbs ranging from short and sweet to gargantuan in size. Small options like being able to change any delay into a ping pong effect or adding shimmer to any of the reverbs means you can find your sound easily.
It's Not Just a Delay Pedal
Because that would just be boring if it was only a beautiful sounding and extremely versatile delay/reverb pedal! They have also added in freeze effects, 60 seconds of loop time, midi capability, global EQ settings and adjustments to make sure you get your sound on any amp, as well as 24 preset spaces for you to call everything back from.
Here's what Mooer say about the Ocean Machine
Designed and developed over two years, in collaboration with Devin Townsend, the Ocean Machine is a high fidelity professional Delay, Reverb and Looper unit which brings together the best available hardware on the market and very complex algorithms to create lush, heavenly effects. MOOER has worked very closely with Devin Townsend to meet all of his own personal requirements while also ensuring that the "Ocean Machine" is versatile and enjoyable for musicians from all walks of life.
A multitude of programmability and control options makes the ocean machine ideal for all different kinds of guitarists from bedroom beginners to industry professionals and is easy to integrate into all different kind of setups. MOOER has brought all of this together into a small, stylish and highly competitive, cost efficient package.
- 2 independent DELAYS with 17 different delay types, 0-2 seconds of delay time and optional ping pong effect
- A high fidelity spacious REVERB with 9 different reverb types and shimmer effect
- Programmable order of effects chain
- Delay and Reverb freeze effect
- Tap Tempo functionality with independent relative tempo options
- An audio looper with 32 MB of storage memory providing a total of up to 60 seconds of recording time
- 2 standard modes of operation
- A multitude of extra programmability options via the LCD menu
- External switch and expression pedal inputs for more control options
- All basic delay and reverb parameters can be adjusted via dedicated control knobs for fast and easy adjustment on the fly
- 8 banks with 3 presets on each, providing a total of 24 preset spaces
- Midi programmable
- Full stereo inputs and outputs
- Adjustable Global EQ settings, input and output levels for easy integration and great results with all different kinds of instruments and setups