Fender truly let loose! The Parallel Universe II Uptown Strat shows off what could have been if history had taken a different turn. This is unlike anything else we've seen from Fender - the Uptown Strat is kitted out in high-end premium hardware and features an new gnarled body finish. One to command instant attention.
As well as looking vastly different to the Strats in our own universe, the Uptown Strat is made of an alternate mahogany body and neck combination with a rosewood fingerboard. The 'C' shape neck is coated in a nitro lacquer, which will wear in depending on your playing technique. A truly personal instrument. The Uptown Strat plays fast at a 24.75-inch scale length, also housing 22 medium jumbo frets. Hardware appointments include a classic tremolo bridge, a bone nut and Fender's ClassicGear tuners.
Another large departure from the classic design are the dual Custom Double Tap humbuckers, controlled by a set of four volume and tone knobs, as well as the three-way switch on the upper horn. These chunky pickups deliver big PAF tones aplenty, with a unique articulate character.
- Series: Parallel Universe Volume II
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Static White
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 24.75" (629 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Neck Pickup: Custom Double Tap™ Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender ClassicGear™
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender® USA Bullets® 3250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)