The Fender American Performer Strat HSS is one of the most affordable 'Made in the USA' guitars available in Fender's catalogue. However, its modest price isn't a reflection of poor quality, as this instrument beautifully displays Fender's class-leading craftsmanship in all of its glory.
Appointed with the typical features that you'd expect on a Stratocaster, the American Performer does however boast some thoughtful modern features to bring it up to scratch. Sporting brand new Yosemite single-coil pickups and a punchy DoubleTap humbucker, this guitar also features a smooth satin-finished neck and the desirable 'Greasebucket' tone circuit.
Fender's long-established tonewood combinations remain intact with the American Performer Strat HSS. Featuring an Alder body, this popular material ensures balanced lows, lively mids and a crisp top-end, serving as the perfect tonal foundation for the bright-sounding single-coils.
The Alder body is paired with a Maple neck, accentuating the highs even more to allow your playing to really cut through in a mix. The bolt-on construction also gives notes a definitive snap, so that you can play with plenty of articulation.
Featuring a modern "C" profile, this neck will suit contemporary players looking for a slim feel, while offering enough thickness for vintage aficionados. Finished with satin polyurethane, this ultra-smooth neck lacquer won't hinder fast or technical playing at all, so even shredders will adore its playability! Fitted with jumbo frets too, you can gain more control and precision over the entire fingerboard.
The most noteworthy aspect of the American Performer Stratocaster HSS is its set of pickups. Installed with a pair of Fender's new Yosemite single-coils, these pickups are designed to project rich and expressive tones. With flat-staggered pole pieces that increase their output, these pickups also have a shellac coating that controls feedback without choking their sound.
The DoubleTap bridge humbucker, however, is a different affair. With a thick and powerful sound, this pickup can be tamed when you activate the tone control's push/pull function, letting you attain a single-coil voicing that doesn't suffer from any volume drop.
Making this instrument suitable for a number of styles, these pickups unlock even more versatility from what is already considered as the most adaptable guitar design ever. It doesn't end there either, as the American Performer Strat also features the 'Greasebucket' tone circuit. Letting you roll off the top-end without adding any bass frequencies, you can use your tone controls in a more useful and musical manner - not turning your guitar tone to mush!
While the electronics will appeal strongly to modern players, the hardware is far more traditional and familiar to Fender fans. Fitted with a 6-screw vintage-style synchronised tremolo, this bridge will allow you to add gentle warbles to chords or even achieve EVH-style divebombs.
At the other end of the instrument you'll find a set of Fender American Performer tuners. Offering a smooth feel for precise pitching, these tuning machines will keep the strings stable and secure.
Fender American Performer Series
The American Performer Series is the most affordable US-made guitar range offered by Fender. Exhibiting the company's renowned reputation for high-quality craftsmanship, these guitars are available at attainable prices to give you world-class instruments that won't break the bank!
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: American Performer
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Pickups: DoubleTap™ Humbucking (Bridge), Yosemite™ Single-Coil Stratocaster (Middle/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Postion 1. Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 2. Middle Pickup and Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 3. Middle Pickup; Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup; Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Push-Pull Pot On Tone 2 for Coil-Split
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck & Middle Pickup), Tone 2. Grease-bucket™ Tone Circuit (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag