Here's what Jackson says about the MJ Series Soloist SL2:
Harkening back to the early ‘90s when import Jackson guitars were manufactured exclusively in Japan, we introduce the all-new Jackson MJ Series — an exciting and innovative collection of instruments attentively crafted in Japan. The MJ Series blends Jackson’s world-renowned legacy of designing high-performance instruments with an assortment of top-tier features at a competitive price point.
Engineered from its inception for high-speed, virtuoso playing, the MJ Series Soloist SL2 is injected with versatile sound, ultra-modern style and Jackson’s famed playability.
The SL2 offers an alder body and a through-body three-piece maple neck with a pair of graphite-reinforcement rods for the ultimate stiffness and stability to guard against temperature- and humidity-induced bending and warping. Hosting 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays, the 12”-16” compound radius bound ebony fingerboard is designed for highly technical lightspeed playing—more curved by the nut for comfortable chording, it flattens out up the neck for increasingly fast playing and bends without fretting out. Luminlay glow-in the-dark side dots provide exceptional fretboard guidance even on the darkest of stages.
Seymour Duncan JB TB-4 bridge and Seymour Duncan Jazz SH-2N neck pickups deliver tonal clout. The bridge position roars with hot-rodded attitude and a powerful low end, while the neck position radiates with glassy treble tone and scooped mids that perform well across a multitude of genres. Harness the sonic horsepower with a versatile three-way pickup toggle switch and single volume and tone controls. Other premium features include a Gotoh GE1996T Series double-locking tremolo bridge system for reliable tuning stability throughout daring and aggressive playing theatrics, Gotoh sealed die-cast tuners and Dunlop dual-locking strap buttons.
- Body Shape: Soloist
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Gloss Colour-Matched
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Side Dots: Luminlay
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose R3 Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB TB-4
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Jazz SH-2N
- Pickup Switching: 3-Way Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil, Position 3. Both Pickups, Position 4. Neck Inner Coil, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Bridge: Gotoh GE1996T Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Sealed Die-Cast
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Included Jackson Foam Core Case