Here's What EVH Say:
Engineered for speed, comfort and full-throttle attitude, the reimagined 5150® Series Deluxe is an iconic blast from the past that blends both throwback and modernised features.
Like its predecessor, the 5150 Deluxe Poplar Burl features a modified Strat®-style basswood body with a deeper upper body curve. The graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck features a comfortable modified “C” profile, hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel and colour matched “hockey stick” headstock with EVH® logo decal. Built for smooth and speedy playability, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays.
While the famed striped original had a single humbucking bridge pickup only, the all-new 5150 Deluxe is outfitted with an HH pickup configuration controlled by a three-way toggle on the upper bout. The custom designed EVH® Wolfgang® Alnico 2 humbucking bridge pickup delivers the perfect amount of punch and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms in a perfectly balanced EQ curve. The EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking neck pickup serves up no-nonsense, balls to the wall overdrive and endless sustain without skimping on articulate cleans when the volume is rolled down. A custom designed low friction volume knob creates even-volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells, while the high friction tone knob will stay in place even if accidentally bumped. An added new feature comes in the way of a lower bout kill switch, allowing you to mute your guitar for those stutter, rhythmic effects — think “You Really Got Me.”
Decked out with a “dive-bomb” certified EVH-branded top-mount Floyd Rose® bridge, the locking tailpiece features fine tuners for each string and a patented EVH D-Tuna® for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant.
A stylised modern spin on a fan favourite, the 5150 Deluxe is sure to stun with a unique poplar burl top that is wrapped in Aqua Burst or Black Burst and finished off with all-chrome hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh® tuning machines.
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Top: Poplar Burl
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Modified “C” Backshape
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Thickness: .790” at 3rd Fret & .810” at 12th Fret
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Headstock: EVH® Hockey Stick
- Position Inlays: Cream Dot
- Side Dots: Cream
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® R3 Locking, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Top-Mount EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH®
- Tremolo Arm: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series
- Pickups: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck
Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Auxiliary Switching: Kill Switch
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit,
Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Hardware: Chrome
- Strap Buttons: Oversized