Chapman ML3 BEA Rabea Massaad Baritone Crimson
The ML3 Bea is a T-shaped baritone guitar that captures all of the modern low-end sound you'd need for modern metal. Rabea Massaads signature model is an absolute beast of a guitar offering bite and power when you need it most.
Everything about this guitar is the same as the new BEA signature model, other than it's hard tail bridge and baritone scale length.
The bridge pickup is a specially designed Chapman Henchman Ceramic humbucker with loads of attack and a dense mid-range and low-end to give you booming riffs and thick lead sounds. The neck pickup is a Chapman Henchman Mini-Rail humbucker for a fat, warm neck sound.
They can be used for every style of music from blues to classic rock to metal and beyond, but they definitely want to be turned UP!
The Chapman Pro series guitars have all got rolled fretboard edges which involves smoothing out any fret edges so that the instrument feels 'played in' even when it's brand new. This process makes the neck much more comfortable to hold and play.
Includes Hard Case
The new Chapman Pro guitars all include a premium quality deluxe hard case. Please note the hard case is not currently for sale separately.
History of the Chapman Guitars
Back in 2009 Rob Chapman came up with the idea of collaboratively designing a guitar with his YouTube fans – over 5000 fans took part in a series of votes to decide on body style, neck profile, headstock shape, pickups and colours, and the original ML-1 was born. Originally made in China & sold as a limited edition one of run in matt black, the ML-1 sold out within 2-3 months & left 100s of fans disappointed that they didn't get one. In 2010 Rob underwent the same process to design the ML-2 – a single cut, double humbucker guitar that again sold out within 2-3 weeks of arrival. In 2012 Rob decided to take the Chapman guitar brand up market, and moved the production to Korea.
The new factory introduced some new features, improved the build quality, and added new colours to the original ML designs. At the NAMM 2017 it was announced that the Chapman range would be split into 2. The Pro series are still built at the same factory in South Korea with a higher spec than before taking these instruments to new heights. And the Standard series guitars are built in Indonesia retaining the same ethos of the current Chapman range, though more affordable.
An easy way to tell the difference between the ranges is by looking at the fretboard. The standard range has got fretboard marker inlays along the fretboard, while the pro series does not.
Here's what Chapman say about the ML3 Bea Baritone
I’m honoured to have had the opportunity to design another guitar with Chapman Guitars, and I couldn’t be more excited about the new pair of ML3 BEA guitars! For me, the original ML1 BEA was an extension of my younger musical self - I am a huge Nuno Bettencourt fan and the guitar definitely showed that.
But as my playing style has evolved, I really wanted the ML3 BEA to be a completely unique design, whilst maintaining the versatility I admire so much from the Chapman range.
I'm really excited about the pickups I've spec'd for this guitar particularly, which sound awesome. The ML3 BEA guitars are an amalgamation of all my guitar influences musically and physically up to now in my career - achieving a combination of beauty and brutality - both tonally and visually! Rabea Massaad
- Model: Ml3 bea rabea massaad baritone crimson
- Signature series
- Headstock: Angled heritage headstock
- Neck: Paduak with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with velute
- Top: Flame maple solid flat top with satin finish
- Body: Alder with satin finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 22 jumbo stainless steel frets
- Fret markers: Glow-in-the-dark side dots
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 711mm (~28")
- Tuners: Hipshot grip-lock open (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech black tusq xl nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound extra heavy, 12-60
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through hardtail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Henchman Mini Rail humbucker, Magnet: ceramic output: 8.5k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Henchman humbucker, Magnet: ceramic output: 18k ohms
- Pickup switch: 5 way super switch with coil split
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman strap locks
- Case: Chapman pro hard case
5 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Friday, 25 May 2018
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.