Chapman ML2 Pro Modern Satin Fireburst
The ML2 Pro Modern is a dual humbucker rock guitar that can cover a lot of different styles. The Ebony fretboard gives your notes clarity and the smooth feeling neck makes it easy to go from lead to rhythm and between with ease. The Chapman tune-o-matic will give you tuning stability and greater sustain.
The pickups on-board are 2 Chapman Stentorian Alnico V humbuckers which were designed to give you a powerful, but clear sound. They can be used for every style of music from blues to classic rock to metal and beyond.
The Chapman Pro series guitars have all got rolled fretboard edges which involves smoothing out any fret edges so that the instrument feels 'played in' even when it's brand new. This process makes the neck much more comfortable to hold and play.
Includes Hard Case
The new Chapman Pro guitars all include a premium quality deluxe hard case. Please note the hard case is not currently for sale separately.
History of the Chapman Guitars
Back in 2009 Rob Chapman came up with the idea of collaboratively designing a guitar with his YouTube fans – over 5000 fans took part in a series of votes to decide on body style, neck profile, headstock shape, pickups and colours, and the original ML-1 was born. Originally made in China & sold as a limited edition one of run in matt black, the ML-1 sold out within 2-3 months & left 100s of fans disappointed that they didn't get one. In 2010 Rob underwent the same process to design the ML-2 – a single cut, double humbucker guitar that again sold out within 2-3 weeks of arrival. In 2012 Rob decided to take the Chapman guitar brand up market, and moved the production to Korea.
The new factory introduced some new features, improved the build quality, and added new colours to the original ML designs. At the NAMM 2017 it was announced that the Chapman range would be split into 2. The Pro series are still built at the same factory in South Korea with a higher spec than before taking these instruments to new heights. And the Standard series guitars are built in Indonesia retaining the same ethos of the current Chapman range, though more affordable.
An easy way to tell the difference between the ranges is by looking at the fretboard. The standard range has got fretboard marker inlays along the fretboard, while the pro series does not.
Here's what Chapman say about the ML2 Pro Modern
Quicker than a greased-up fox, the ML2 Pro Modern is an unashamedly traditional guitar with a forward-looking twist. Whether you go for the explosively eye-catching Fireburst or the serenely laid-back Dusk, you will probably want to hold and look at the ML2 Pro almost as much as you will want to play it.
Crowned with Hipshot Classic open tuners and harnessing the unrelenting power of Chapman's Stentorian humbuckers, the ML2 Pro Modern is a spec-laden beast from the tip of its ebony-dressed headstock, down to the solid carved flame maple cap and mahogany body. It doesn't matter how much you tell your other guitars that they are still your favourites, the ML2 Pro will know the truth... All guitars are equal, some are just more equal than others.
- Model: Ml2 pro modern fireburst
- Pro series
- Headstock: Angled pennant headstock with ebony veneer
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape neck-through with velute
- Top: Flame maple solid arch carve top with satin finish
- Body: Mahogany with satin finish
- Body carves: Front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 24 jumbo stainless steel frets
- Fret markers: Glow-in-the-dark side dots and pearl chapman bar inlays on front
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 635mm (~25")
- Tuners: Hipshot grip-lock open (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech black tusq xl nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound super light, 09-42
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman tune-o-matic with stop tail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Stentorian humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 8.21k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Stentorian humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 14.1k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way toggle switch with coil split on push-pull tone knob
- Controls: Neck volume (500k) and bridge volume (500k), master tone with push-pull (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman strap locks
- Case: Chapman pro hard case
3 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Friday, 22 June 2018
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.