Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Gibson's Custom Shop division produces some of the finest electric guitars in the world. And to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the legendary 1960 Les Paul, Gibson has unveiled 6 highly-limited guitars that faithfully adhere to the classic '60 formula. However, there were three distinct versions of the 1960 Les Paul, with subtle changes made to the instrument throughout its original production run.
This particular model captures the spirit of the V3. Featuring an authentic '60 skinny C-shaped neck for a super-playable feel, this guitar also comes equipped with vintage-voiced Gibson Custombucker Alnico III pickups that project a rich and powerful tone.
Here's what Gibson says about the Custom Shop 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard V3 VOS:
The original sunburst Les Paul Standard was produced from 1958 to 1960, and while 1959 examples may have gained the most fame, the 1960 models became known for their wide variety of colours and specs.
Les Paul Standards from the first third of 1960 (V1) had the same specs as their 1959 counterparts, while the middle third (V2) introduced thinner neck profiles, different knobs and brighter colors. The final third (V3) brought about some of the thinnest necks Gibson ever produced, accompanied by wide, colorfast sunburst finishes. Each version has its fans and celebrity adopters over the decades, shaping music history and continuing to inspire players in new ways.
To celebrate the 60th Anniversary of this important model, Gibson Custom Shop is proud to present three different versions of 1960 Les Paul Standards rendered in stunning detail and accuracy to the originals. The specs and colors of each version closely follow vintage examples that Gibson Custom Shop has scanned and studied over the years, giving you a playing experience as authentic and thrilling as owning a half-million-dollar original.
Each will include a commemorative 60th Anniversary switch plate and Certificate of Authenticity booklet as well as a vintage reissue hardshell case.
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Body Material: 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: V3 Authentic '60 Skinny C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Saddle Material: Nickel-plated Brass
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Pickguard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs: Amber Butyrate Top Hats w/ Silver Inserts
- Switch Tip: Amber Catalin
- Switchwasher: Replica Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Jack Plate Cover: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Control Covers: Black Royalite
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Mounting Rings: M69 Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Pickup Covers: Authentic Profile Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume/2 Tone CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Aged Brown/Pink Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Commemorative Switch Plate Medallion (Regular Plate in Case)