The Fender Jazzmaster is an iconic offset electric guitar, known for its distinctive soapbar-style pickups and floating tremolo tailpiece. The Fender Vintera '60s Jazzmaster keeps many old-school appointments intact, and provides traditional tones for vintage aficionados.
Timeless Fender Construction
Fender has relied on its favoured tonewood combinations for the Vintera '60s Jazzmaster. Comprised of an Alder body, this balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs; the perfect tonal foundation for the Jazzmaster's jangly single-coil pickups.
The Alder body is joined with a bolt-on Maple neck, bringing out even more top-end snap. Giving notes plenty of immediacy, this guitar offers a very responsive feel. The Pau Ferro fingerboard is another thoughtful design feature, adding some crucial lower mid-range warmth and providing a silky-smooth touch under the fingers.
Shaped to Fender's time-honoured thin "C” profile, the Vintera Jazzmaster's neck is slim and comfortable, while the vintage frets and period-accurate 7.25" fingerboard radius also contribute to the nostalgic feel.
Signature Single-Coil Tones
The Vintera '60s Jazzmaster achieves its authentic sounds from its vintage-voiced '60s single-coils. With a vibrant, articulate and chimey character, these medium-output pickups excel with clean amp settings, but sound bright and punchy with big doses of overdrive too! This alternative all-star really is suitable for a wide range of styles.
Many of the distinctive hardware appointments found on original Jazzmasters from the '60s have been retained for the Vintera model. Fitted with a classic floating tremolo tailpiece, you can warble to your heart's content.
Vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, while their bulletproof design ensures rock-solid performance. For keeping the Vintera '60s Jazzmaster safe on the road, the included Fender Gig Bag's rugged design will provide great protection.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Thin "C"
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Number of Frets: 21
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjustable with “Floating” Tremolo Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Tuners: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag