Egnater Tweaker 40w 1x12 Combo
Building on the amazing Tweaker 15 from Egnater the Tweaker 40 is more powerful, and somehow even more versatile live than its smaller brother. With 6 different tweaker switches controlling 2 channels with seperate master volumes you have real control over your tone in this all valve amplifier.
So Much Control
There is so much to talk about with this amp it may sound a little daunting. Trust us that it is so easy to work your way around and to dial in the tone you are looking for. Starting off you have two channels each with their own independant master volume and gain controls but with a shared EQ.
This EQ has the option of being set up in one of three modes; USA, AC or Brit. In USA mode the midrange is a bit more scooped and you get a much thicker and warmer sound. In AC mode you get some classic chime that you would have heard from bands like Queen and Fleetwood Mac, Finally in Brit mode you get that bitey black and gold amp tone heard on all kinds of different blues, rock and even metal albums.
Looking again at the different channels it is not quite as simple as just a gain and volume control. Egnater have added 5 different switches on each of the channels that are completely independant.
- Vintage / Modern: Sets the feel and response of the amplifier to fit either more classic loser tones or more modern options with tighter attack.
- Tight / Deep: This sets the low end response of the channel.
- Bright / Normal: Increases the high end of the amplifier to add edge to warmer pickups.
- Hot / Clean: Think of this as your modes. Clean goes from crystal clear to crunch and Hot takes you from crunch to crushing high gain.
- Mid Cut / Normal: This scoops out the mids in the up position for smoother blues tones.
If you love playing a lot of different styles but don't want to fill your house with tonnes of amps for every situation the Tweaker is the perfect option. It is not very often that you get this much control out of an amplifier let alone one that delivers 100% real tube tone.
40w Of All Valve Power!
Most other amps that offer you this range of tones use some kind of digital modelling technology. While it works digital amps will never quite the same feel and response of a real valve amp which is exactly what this is. Using a pair of 6L6 tubes in the 40w power amp and a trio of 12AX7 valves in the preamp you know you will get some powerful tones out of this amp.
Custom Celestion Speaker
While building this combo Egnater teamed up with Celestion to create a custom speaker that would be able to make the best out of the Tweakers versatility. What they came up with was the Elite GH-50 a mighty speaker that has a great tone for most styles as it doesn't push the character too far one way or the other.
Here's what Egnater say about the Tweaker 40 Combo
The Tweaker-40 112 is a two channel, 40-watt, 1x12" combo, driven by two premium 6L6 power tubes and three hand selected 12AX7 preamp tubes. Packed with the features gigging musicians have been asking for, the Tweaker 40 expands Egnater's award-winning Tweaker Series. The eleven on board Tweaker switches provide unparalleled flexibility for shaping your tone.
The Tweaker 40 112 is loaded with a custom built Celestion Elite GH-50 speaker which is a 50-watt version of the classic Celestion G12H-30. A rugged 2-button footswitch is included.
- 40-Watt Tube 1 x 12" Open Back Combo
- Custom Voiced Egnater Elite GH-50 by Celestion
- Same Footprint as Tweaker-112X for Easy Stacking
- 2 x 6L6
- 3 x 12AX7
- Bass, Middle & Treble Controls
- AC, British or American Voicing Switch
- Two Channels
- Volume & Gain
- Tight & Bright Voice Switches
- Vintage / Modern Amp Voicing Switch
- Clean / Hot Gain Selector
- Mid Cut Switch
- Buffered Effects Loop with Level Selector
- Void-Free Birch Plywood Construction
- 2 Button Footswitch Included
- 117V/230V Voltage Selector
- Dimensions: 10.5" (D) x 20" (W) x 18" (H)
- Weight: 43lbs
5 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 24 September 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
2 in stock at our Guildford store
3 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.