Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
The Combustion series from Dingwall brings unrivalled performance and a great sound, at an extremely reasonable price point. This has been achieved through a perfect pairing of Chinese manufacturing techniques and components and materials sourced from within North America. This well-rounded 5-string bass comes in a striking Whalepoolburst finish with a Quilt Maple Top.
Hand Picked Hardware
Dingwall have decided on an open-back tuner for the Combustion Series. It helps to provide a smooth feel and is extremely lightweight. They are also known for being very reliable, offering years of high-level performance without any issues. A great tone pairs nicely with this solid performance, in part due to an available bridge/saddle system. This has then been improved upon through the implementation of a custom riser system – which grants increased range of action adjustability.
The FD-3N pickups in the Combustion (made to meet Dingwall expectations) ensure an aggressive, but buttery smooth tone. This is because of the decision to use quality Neodymium magnets. New Smoked Chrome knurled push-on knobs further adds to the excellent electronics found on this bass.
Body and Neck
A well-crafted Swamp Ash body has been used, which helps to reduce the weight of the bass and provides a comfortable playing experience. The average weight of a Combustion is only 8.75lbs – making it a great choice for long playing sessions. The gloss finish is durable, seriously rugged and will remain looking amazing for a long period of time. The bass sounds just as good as It looks!
Stability and reliability are guaranteed due to a 5-piece maple neck construction. Many Dingwall players even say that this results in a neck that is as stable as many graphite necked instruments they’ve played previously. The choice of a flat, streamlined headstock – with a string retaining bar – achieves a truly excellent balance. Playability has also been enhanced thanks to the addition of smaller, 18% hard nickel silver fretwire. It offers you a much faster feel, as well as a woodier, less metallic tone.
- Finish: Whalepoolburst (Quilt Maple Top)
- Body: 2-3pc Swamp Ash
- Pickguard: Matte Black
- Weight (Average): 8.75lbs
- Strap Pins: Standard
- Bridge: Available Bridge/Saddle with Custom Riser System
- Tuners: Open Back Tuner
- Hardware Colour: Smoked Chrome
- Hardware: Hipshot/Dingwall
- Knobs: Smoked Chrome Knurled Push-On Knobs
- Jack: Switchcraft Brand Jack
- Pickups: FD-3N made to Dingwall Specifications
- Pickup Options: 2 Pickup Neck/Bridge 3 Pickup Neck/Middle/Bridge
- Standard Electronics: EMG 3-Band, FD-3n Pickups, Vol, Rotary Pickup Selector, Bass, Mid, Treble, Active/Passive Switch
- Pickup Switching: Rotary Pickup Selector
- Neck: 5-Piece Maple Construction
- Neck Carve: Medium Thin C Shape
- Neck Reinforcement: Heavy Duty Truss-Rod
- Headstock: Flat, String Retaining Bar
- Standard Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Options: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 240mm (9.45")
- Fret Options: 18% Hard Nickel Silver Fretwire
- Position Markers and Inlays: 3mm Plastic Face Dots, 2mm Plastic Side Dots