When Leo Fender launched the G&L L-2000 bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and throughout its evolution the iconic L-2500 has continued to win the hearts of bassists of every style and musical taste.
The foundation of the L-2500 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone control system. It will provide the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter the genre. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass.
With all that under the hood, Leo gave the L-2500 the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk. What’s more, the L-2500 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
The Tribute Series L-2500 delivers the magic of Leo’s revolutionary bass at a price attainable for every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Scale Length: 34"
- Pickups: Leo Fender-Designed G&L MFD Humbuckers
- Body Wood: Swamp Ash
- Neck Wood: Hard-Rock Maple with Brazilian Cherry Fingerboard
- Neck Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Neck Radius: 12"
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo, Nickel
- Tuning Keys: Traditional Open-Back
- Bridge: Leo Fender-Designed G&L Saddle-Lock
- Electronics: Tri-Tone System with 3-Position Pickup Selector, Series/Parallel Switch, 3-Position Preamp Mode Switch, Volume, Treble, Bass