The Fender Telecaster Thinline is a classic electric guitar, and this Japanese-made Traditional '70s model has plenty of vintage charm with its natural finish and white pearloid pickguard. Sporting dual humbuckers, you can expect thick and harmonically-rich tones with plenty of top-end airiness - thanks to the semi-hollow construction.
This MIJ Traditional '70s Telecaster Thinline features an old-school Ash body, recapturing the sounds of Fender's earliest electric guitars. Lightweight and durable, this material produces an incredibly balanced tone and is ideal for hosting the potent pickup pairing.
Joining the Ash body is a bright-sounding bolt-on Maple neck, attached via the time-honoured "3-bolt" method from the '70s. Shaped to Fender's traditional "U" profile, this neck carve offers a substantial feel but is plenty comfortable!
Electronics & Hardware
A pair of Fender's 'Wide Range' humbuckers give the Traditional '70s Telecaster Thinline a powerful voice. Full-bodied and dynamic with clean amp settings, these pickups also excel with overdrive or distortion and deliver an incredibly punchy mid-range.
Practical hardware has always been Fender's thing, and this particular instrument sports a number of era-specific, no-nonsense appointments. The string-through-body hardtail bridge makes restrings a breeze, and with individual saddles allowing you to intonate and set the action for each string - you can tweak the perfect setup! Reliable chrome die-cast tuners will keep your tuning stable in all conditions, whether onstage or in the studio.
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Style
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Fender Wide Range Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Fender Wide Range Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hardtail
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)