One of the worlds most famous bass players, Jaco Pastorius was a true master of the instrument. The Jaco Pastorius Tribute Jazz Bass® is a faithful re creation of the bass master’s famously distressed sunburst-finish fretless Jazz Bass, and is a result of meticulous research done in cooperation with his technician.
Features include a select alder body, specially shaped maple neck, epoxy-coated fretless rosewood fingerboard and knurled chrome Precision Bass® control knobs. Jaco coated the fretboard of his guitar in epoxy to protect the wood from the roundwound strings he used and this bass is designed to match. If you prefer the feel and tone of roundwound strings but want a fretless sound this is a great choice.
Every inch of this bass has been distressed in the same way as Jaco's original. The screw holes, the finish damage and the lack of pickguard are all specific to the original. Jaco had to rebuild his guitar a number of times and made extensive modifications. This Bass looks like it's seen a lot.
Fender Custom Artists
The world’s greatest artists have come to the Fender Custom Shop for decades in search of their perfect instruments. A wonderful result of this is that they can consequently offer the same artist instruments to you, built in the same shop by the same skilled craftsmen. Each guitar gets the attention of a master craftsman, when you pick up a custom shop guitar you can see the difference. They are simply flawless.
- Model Name: Jaco Pastorius Tribute Jazz Bass®, Rosewood Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
- Model Number: 0196108800
- Series: Artist
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body Material: Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Epoxy Coated, Slab Rosewood
- Number of Frets: Fretless
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Side Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized
- Bridge Pickup: Custom '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup: Custom '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Bass
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250ML, NPS, (.045-.100 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Cosmetically Aged, A Faithful Re-creation of Jaco's Famous "Distressed" Jazz Bass®, Epoxy Coated Fingerboard, Knurled Chrome P Bass® Knobs, Side Dot Position Markers are Centered Between Fretlines
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case, Strap, Cable, 4-Pack of Picks, Certificate of Authenticity, Polishing Cloth.
- Polishing Cloth: Polishing Cloth Included
- Picks: Includes 4-Pack of Custom Shop Picks