Dream Cymbals Vintage Bliss Series Crash/Ride 18"
Here's what Dream Cymbals have to say about the Vintage Bliss Series Crash / Ride 18"
Dream forges, hammers, and lathes its cymbals all by hand. The human element comes through in their appearance. The surface areas of the Vintage Bliss and Bliss lines sport ultra-thin stripes created by micro-lathing. The 18" behaves like a big brother to the 17, a bit assertive and fatter in sound while remaining thoughtful and versatile.
The very first Bliss prototypes were a unique micro-lathed hand hammered cymbal with a signature soft edge, low profile bell and gradual taper. Overnight these became collector’s items. So popular we released them as their own line: Vintage Bliss.
Their unique shape and weight give them and even wilder froth of ocean in the sound, while maintaining a rich warm stick sound. Supremely responsive and full bodied they also have a fairly fast decay. These make truly functional crash-rides, the crashes are full and punchy while maintaining a defined stick sound supported by just the right amount of wash.
- Surface: micro-lathed by hand
- Bow: low gentle bridge
- Bell: broad shoulder, smooth transition medium low height
- Weight: thin tapers at edge
- Hammering: hand hammered before and after lathing
- Stick: woody round attack
- Wash: tons of wash, dragons breath, lots of wobble, quick decay
Next Delivery Due: Friday, 25 May 2018
Not currently in stock. We have ordered stock of this item.
- Order now & we will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Estimated arrival date: Friday, 25 May 2018
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery