Picture may show a different kit configuration to what is advertised. Please check description to see what is included in this kit.
Here's what Sonor say about The Prolite Shell Pack in Chocolate Burl
The new trend-setting series from SONOR
The heritage of over 135 years of Drum making experience meets the passion, knowledge and creativity of SONOR’s international team of design engineers, professional players, distributors and retailers. Using only the finest hand-picked wood selections from eco-friendly resources, precision metal components, and a superior lacquering process, each Drum is a piece of art. Made and assembled with care to meet advanced demands and set the bar for professional drums, ProLite combines superior tone, leading-edge design, function and precision to deliver the perfect tools for your musical inspirations. The perfect match for your gig, no matter what style you play!
SONOR ProLite Sound
The core of the ProLite series is the sound spectrum provided by the extremely thin Vintage Maple shells with reinforcement ring. These provide an unmistakably open sound and an enormously wide tuning range for practically all styles of music. SONOR’s Vintage Maple shell is characterized by a soft, warm tone that highlights the lower pitches and provides balance in the mid-range and treble, without sacrificing projection and power.
SONOR ProLite Shell Design
Cross Laminated Tension Free Process (CLTF) - SONOR cross-laminates shells for superior stability, sonically enhanced resonance and spectacular tone. The CLTF process is a result of years of research by SONOR craftsmen.
Optimum Shell Measurement (OSM) - SONOR implements a slightly narrow outside shell measurement for optimized head contact. This is a SONOR specialty, resulting in excellent tone, better sustain and controlled decay.
SONOR ProLite Shell Thicknesses
- 9 plies for tom toms, floor toms and snare drums = 4 mm + 2 mm Dynamic Edge reinforcement rings at the edge of the shells
- 12 plies for bass drums = 6 mm + 2 mm Dynamic Edge reinforcement rings at the edge of the shells
- Bass Drum Mount – It’s Yours to Decide!
- The standard ProLite Series bass drum ships without a mount. Optional mount is available.
- Power Hoops – Clean Tuning and Crisp Attack!
- 2.3 mm SONOR Power Hoops on all snare drums, tom toms and floor toms. For 14" snare drums also die-cast hoops are available.
- Redesigned (T.A.R.) Total Acoustic Resonance Mounting System
Bass Drum Claws – Beautiful and Practical
The rubber insert beneath the bass drum claws assures that your wooden hoop will not be scratched. The recessed design of the tension rod and the raised synthetic insert of the bass drum claw protects your cases from snagging and scratching damage.
Bass Drum Spurs – Quick and Easy Set-Up!
SONOR spurs, refined over time, are the most reliable and stylish spurs in the industry. Memory Locks ‘remember’ your preferred bass drum spur adjustment.
Bass Drum Feet – On Solid Footing, Wherever You Go!
The bass drum feet can be converted from rubber to metal by turning the rubber foot. Fixing the position by a fastening screw.
TuneSafe – Right in Tune, 100% of the Time!
All SONOR lugs are equipped with the patented TuneSafe, which prevents the tension rods from loosening. Tune Safe supports maximum tuning stability even under extreme environments. Square-head tension rods with fine-pitch threads guarantee optimum tunability.
- Shell hardware finish: chrome plated
- Configuration: no bass drum bracket
- Item name: ProLite Stage 3 Shell Set
- Series: ProLite
- Shell material: Maple
- Shell construction: Vintage with 2 x 2 mm Dynamic Edge reinforcement rings
- Item description: PL 12 Stage 3 NM
- Drums: 1 x Bass Drum 22'' x 17,5''
- 1 x Tom Tom 10'' x 8''
- 1 x Tom Tom 12'' x 9''
- 1 x Floor Tom 16'' x 16''
- Item no.: 15800378
- Unit: 1 piece
- Shell finish outside: Chocolate Burl
- Bearing edge: 45°