Perhaps best known for his work with hard rock/prog metal band King's X he's recorded 14 studio albums with them, alongside numerous side projects and 4 solo albums, Doug Pinnick is a guy with bags of experiance. Influenced by R&B and Motown artists such as Stevie Richards and Aretha Franklin along with hard rock bands including Led Zepplin and Jimi Hendrix, Pinnick has combined all of his influences to create a truly unique stye that's respected by fans and critics alike. His signature Baron-H bass lets you replicate that style.
Made with a classic rock shape & single f-hole it's a hollowbody beast fitted with a single Seymour Duncan APB-1 pick-up - it's got crunch and tone on a level that's unreal. Whilst the simplicity of having just 1 volume control knob says a lot about the raw intensity of this bass. Pinnick himself is a left handed player, so this model is a true rendition of the guitar he takes into the stage and studio with him.
Here's what Schecter have to say
We are extremely proud of not only our Artist roster, but also our Collection of Artist models!
Nothing is a truer testament to our commitment to design and quality than offering the EXACT guitars these guys an gals play on stage! No bait and switch here. The same instruments that grace the stage and studio with The Cure, Avenged Sevenfold, Jeff Loomis and more...are available right to you.
- Model Name: dUg Pinnick Baron-H Bass LH
- Item Number: 263
- Guitar Colours: Gloss Black (BLK)
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Dexterity: Left Handed
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Binding: Creme 1-ply
- Inlays: Creme Dots w/dUg at 12th Fret
- Scale: 35” (889mm)
- Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 16” (406mm)
- Neck Shape: Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787” (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866” (22mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.496” (38mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32” (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pick-Up: Seymour Duncan Pro Active APB-1
- Battery Compartment: 9-volt Clip-in Battery Compartment
- Controls: Volume
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Bridge: WSC THD4 Bass Bridge
- Tuners: Grover Vintage Bass 142 Series
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball 4 String Super Long #2849 (.045-.105)