Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
The Custom 24 is the definitive PRS guitar. Unveiled at the 1985 NAMM Show, this stellar six-string was PRS’ very first production model and it remains their most popular instrument even today. Distinctive for its flying-bird fingerboard inlays, dual humbuckers, 24 frets and ergonomic contours — the Custom 24 is considered a modern classic among guitarists.
Limited Edition "Wood Library" Custom 24
From time to time, PRS will produce special run models made exclusively for selected dealers. This "Wood Library" Custom 24 is one such instrument, based on the flagship Custom 24 but featuring a few unique construction/aesthetic tweaks that set it apart from its standard Core-line counterpart. This includes:
- "Wood Library" Tonewoods — Crafted from first-class timbers specifically kept back for limited edition models; boasting wood combinations not typically used for production PRS guitars.
- Flamed Maple Neck/Fingerboard — Differs from the conventional Mahogany neck/Rosewood fingerboard Custom 24 formula. Gives the instrument a brighter and more "snappy" sound, with its alluring wood grain adding further physical finesse.
- Flamed Maple '10 Top' — An exemplary, hand-selected material from PRS' wood vault; featuring a deep and three-dimensional grain that looks stunning under any light!
- 58/15 LT Pickups — These "Low Turn" versions of PRS' acclaimed 58/15 humbuckers deliver classic PAF tones, but have fewer pickup winds; resulting in a lower output level better-suited for clean and mid-gain blues/rock styles.
- Faded Finish — Synonymous with PRS' top-of-the-line 'Private Stock' guitars, this contemporary fade colourway will endlessly inspire you every time you pick up this instrument.
- Smoked Black Hardware — Dark finish exudes a sleek, high-end look that blends beautifully with the paint scheme.
- 1-Piece Mahogany Body — Forms a warm sound with plenty of harmonic richness in the mid-range; the perfect host for the humbucker pairing.
- "Pattern Thin" Neck Shape — Provides a slim yet supportive feel for optimal playability at all areas of the neck; enhanced with a slippery satin finish.
- PRS Gen III Tremolo — Beautifully-machined design offers a comfy feel and has a smooth vibrato arm action.
- Included Black Paisley Case — Protects this stellar electric guitar against dust and damage.
- Top Wood: Flamed Maple '10 Top'
- Back Wood: 1-Piece Natural Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Flamed Maple
- Neck Shape: Pattern Thin
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Scale Length: 25”
- Fingerboard Wood: Flamed Maple
- Fingerboard Inlays: Black Corian Outline Birds with Green Ripple Centres
- Number of Frets: 24
- Bridge: PRS Patented Tremolo, Gen III
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Open-Back
- Finish: Smoked Black
- Treble Pickup: 58/15 LT
- Bass Pickup: 58/15 LT
- Controls: Volume, Tone, 5-Way Blade Switch
- Strings: 10-46
- Case/Gig Bag: PRS Black Paisley Case