For a long time, Origin Effects have been regarded as the go-to brand for guitar compressor pedals. Their stompboxes may cost a pretty penny, but countless professional players rely on Origin Effects' crystal-clear, studio-grade compact compressors to sweetly embellish their guitar tones.
The Cali76-TX Reissue is a premium pedal that boasts a versatile array of controls, allowing you to precisely set the most effective compression parameters. Featuring a custom-wound iron core transformer, this is designed to subtly saturate and add extra harmonic complexity at higher gain levels.
The pedal also features a 12-stage LED gain reduction meter, a balanced line-level/DI output, and a high/low gain switch – useful for pushing the transformer harder.
Here's what Origin Effects says about the Cali76-TX Reissue:
The original, large-format Cali76 compressor with high-spec transformer output stage and balanced line out, optimised for guitar, bass and studio use. Strictly limited run of 400 units (200 TX and 200 TX-L).
When Origin launched the Cali76 back in 2012, it was, and still is, like nothing else on the market. With its large, brushed aluminium enclosure, studio-grade circuitry and astonishingly transparent sound, the Cali76 broke the mould in every department.
- Output – Overall output level
- Input/Comp – Sets how much signal passes the threshold and is compressed
- Ratio – Sets the amount of attenuation from anywhere between 4:1 and 20:1
- Attack – Determines the time taken for the compressor to react to the presence of a signal
- Release – Sets the duration of gain reduction before recovering to no compression
- Gain – Pushes the transformer into saturated overdrive
- Pad – Drops the signal from LINE/DI output by around 28dB
- GND – Disconnects the ground connection to solve ground-loop-related issues
- Weight: 1150g | 40oz
- Dimensions: 161 × 205 × 71 mm | 6 5/16" x 8" x 2 12/16"