Strymon has expanded its acclaimed family of effects pedals with the Zelzah multidimensional phaser. Boasting two independent 4-stage and 6-stage phaser circuits that can be used separately: one at a time or simultaneously in series, parallel or split configurations — the Strymon Zelzah takes you on a spellbinding sonic experience by producing some of the most exquisite, spiralling and luscious modulation sounds we've ever heard — perfectly voiced with plenty of vibe!
A World of Modulation
The 4-stage phaser on the left side of the Zelzah offers 3 sweep modes that capture an array of nostalgic, vintage phaser and vibrato tones. Strymon call their Zelzah a "way back machine" for a reason! The 6-stage phaser algorithm (right side) can seamlessly venture into flanger and chorus territory via its versatile 'Voice' control, accompanied by a thoughtful resonance switch that richly alters the intensity.
Flexible 2-in-1 Design
As the Strymon Zelzah is essentially two different phasers in a single enclosure, you can configure it in a number of ways to maximise your pedalboard's real-estate — becoming the only modulation pedal you may ever need. Dial in a chorus on one side and a barber-pole phaser on the other, or create a soaring flanger with a pulsating tremolo next door. Use the two sides independently, or together to achieve musical nirvana!
- Two independent effects that can be configured and controlled separately and used one at a time or simultaneously in series, parallel, or split configurations.
- Vintage 4-stage phaser with three phaser sweep modes: classic, barber, and envelope.
- Groundbreaking new 6-stage phaser algorithm with a continuous range from classic pure 6-stage phasing to flanging and chorus, all with adjustable resonance.
- True stereo operation means, under the hood, each half of the pedal has two phasers running side by side (two 4-stage and two 6-stage) or in series, with independently adjustable stereo spread for each.
- All controls are carefully voiced to produce musically-useful sounds at any setting.
- Adjustable input level switch to allow for both instrument and line level signals.
- Selectable buffered or true bypass.
- Full-featured MIDI implementation via TRS or USB supporting MIDI CCs, MIDI clock sync, and access to 300 preset locations.
- High impedance, ultra low-noise discrete Class A JFET TRS stereo input.
- Low impedance independent TS stereo outputs.
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of a TRS expression pedal, MiniSwitch, MultiSwitch Plus, or TRS MIDI connection.
- USB jack for controlling via MIDI from a computer or for performing firmware updates.
- Independent on/off footswitch for each phaser.
- Premium JFET analogue front end.
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality.
- Strong and lightweight anodised dark purple aluminium chassis.
- 480MHz ARM Superscalar processor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Audio Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Audio Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- 9V DC power supply included
- Power requirements: maximum 9-volts DC centre-negative, with a minimum of 300mA of current
- Dimensions: 4.5” (D) x 4” (W) x 1.75” (H)
- Designed and built in the USA