The Sigma DM-18 pays homage to the iconic American dreadnought acoustic guitar. It's simply the ultimate all-rounder, with its utilitarian body shape ensuring powerful projection and its Mahogany body/neck combination bringing the legendary warmth synonymous with classic D-style acoustics into the tonal mix.
It's effortless to play too. Whether you're an articulate finger-picker or a strumming singer-songwriter, this spellbinding instrument will always inspire you with its smooth-playing neck and punchy, balanced voice.
- Mahogany Back & Sides — Yields a deep and resonant sound with a beautifully warm and musical low-end.
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top — Brings out some airy top-end character; giving lush chords progressions or finger-picked arpeggios all of the rich clarity they'd need to cut through in a mix.
- Low-Profile Mahogany Neck — Strong and dense timber ensures brilliant tuning stability, with comfortable profile providing a supportive feel.
- 25.4" Scale Length — Gives the instrument pleasant string tension; allowing free-spirited guitarists to "dig in" while not hindering players who prefer softer, articulate styles.
- Micarta Fingerboard — Slick tonewood offers a smooth touch under the fingers; making fretting a joy!
- Bone Nut & Saddle — Traditional, low-friction material enhances sustain and minimises unwanted tuning slips.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany, Low Profile
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Fingerboard: Micarta
- Scale Length: 25.4” (645 mm)
- Neck Width at Nut: 1-3/4” (44.5 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Grover Nickel Open-Gear with Butterbean Buttons
- Finish: Aging Toner
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16