Here's what Roland say about the VR-09B V-Combo 61 Note Live Performance Keyboard:
Travel-Ready 61-Note Keyboard with All the Sounds You Need
Lightweight, affordable, and outfitted with top-level Roland sounds, the V-Combo VR-09B is the ideal all-in-one solution for performing keyboard players. Dedicated organ, acoustic/electric piano, and synth engines are organized in three sections on the front panel, providing fingertip access to the essential tones you need for covering any music style. Powerful real-time controls give you maximum expression on stage, with hands-on sliders for tone shaping and a large array of knobs and buttons for tweaking the seven simultaneous effects and numerous other parameters. With its versatile sounds, smart user interface, and highly mobile design, the V-Combo VR-09B is a dream come true for gigging musicians.
- Easy-to-carry 61-note performance keyboard with professional sounds for all music styles
- Weighs just 12 lb. 3 oz./5.5 kg and runs on AC or battery power
- Instant access to organ, piano, and synth sounds via dedicated panel sections
- Virtual Tone Wheel Organ reproduces authentic vintage organ sounds
- Three onboard rotary effects, including a newly developed rock rotary type with cutting presence for performing with loud bands
- Vintage electric pianos and rich acoustic grand pianos
- Wide selection of SuperNATURAL Synth tones, from vintage classics to modern essentials
- Expand the onboard sound library with free downloads from Roland’s Axial website
- Free iPad editor app for customizing organ and synth sounds
- Seven simultaneous effects with dedicated real-time controls
- Enhance performances and practice sessions with rhythm patterns, metronome, looper, USB audio recording/playback, and other built-in features
Gig-Ready and Easy to Carry
Vintage gear is great, but it’s not very practical for the average working keyboard player who needs to travel light. A combo organ, rotary speaker, and electric piano can add up to several hundred pounds, and are very bulky and difficult for one person to move. The VR-09B includes all these sounds and more in an instrument that weighs just 12 lbs. 3 oz./5.5 kg, so it’s a breeze to transport and even easier to set up. And with support for battery operation, the VR-09B delivers the ultimate mobile convenience for street gigs, weddings, and various on-the-go events.
Hassle-Free Operation for Expressive Freedom On Stage
The VR-09B was designed from the ground up with the needs of live players in mind. Its smart, nicely organized front-panel layout features a clear LCD screen and dedicated organ, piano, and synth sound sections. This gives you direct access to all the essential sounds you need, plus lots of real-time controls for expressive tone manipulation. Seven simultaneous effects include rotary, delay, reverb, tone, overdrive, compressor, and MFX, and the dedicated knobs tweak multiple parameters for powerful sound shaping with minimal effort. It’s also simple to set up splits and layers on the fly, and to save all your settings in user memory locations for instant recall on stage.
Authentic Combo Organs with Virtual Tone Wheel Tech
With the VR-09B, you’re able to deliver authentic organ performances with all the tonal characteristics of revered vintage combo organs. Roland’s latest Virtual Tone Wheel Organ engine faithfully emulates the sound-generating process of a real tone wheel organ in every way, while nine harmonic bars provide classic hands-on tone control. Rotary effects are vital to the combo organ sound, and the VR-09B’s three genre-oriented types make it simple to call up the right rotary tone for any style, from gospel and pop to jazz and rock. You can also deepen the sound further with the Twin Rotary effect, add some grit with tube-style overdrive, or call up the ring modulator for a more aggressive sound.
Anchor Your Music with Essential Electric and Acoustic Pianos
Piano is a cornerstone sound for live playing, and the VR-09B provides a wide selection for covering all musical styles. Many historic electric piano types are on board, along with complementary vintage effects like phaser, tremolo, touch wah, and tape delay. The gorgeous acoustic grand piano features 88-note stereo multi-sampling, delivering pro-level tone that rivals Roland’s dedicated stage pianos. The VR-09B’s easy-access compressor effect works great with the piano sounds, ensuring that your playing always cuts through when performing with loud bands and big ensembles.
SuperNATURAL Synth Sounds from Vintage to Modern
The VR-09B is packed with a ton of ready-to-play synths, from Roland analog classics like JUNO strings and JUPITER pads to textured, modern-era digital tones and beyond. There are lots of fat, analog-style lead and bass tones to choose from as well, plus organic ‘80s-era synth sounds from Roland’s famous D-50. The 200-plus sounds cover a wide range of styles and genres, and are organized into dedicated one-touch categories like Lead, Bass, Pad, Strings, and more for fast access.
Sleek and Durable Design, Ready for the Stage
The VR-09B offers a streamlined appearance and rugged design that will stand up to years of gigging in town and on the road. The control panel’s matte finish hides fingerprints for a clean and tidy look, and also eliminates harsh reflections from stage lighting that can reduce visibility.
Expand Your Sound Collection with Free Downloads from Roland’s Axial Sound Library Site
Roland’s Axial site is the official tone library home for downloading new sounds for Roland keyboards. Specially designed by top programmers, “The Cover Band Collection” for the VR-09B provides dozens of patches inspired by popular songs, giving you lots of ready-to-play sounds for all types of gigs. Be sure to check Axial often, as we’re always adding new sounds for the VR-09B and other Roland instruments.
Dedicated iPad Editor for Organs and Synths
The free VR-09 Editor app for iPad gives you powerful, intuitive control of the VR-09B’s organ and synth sound engines via your tablet’s full-color touchscreen interface. Quickly edit organ sounds and customize vintage tone wheel characteristics such as leakage, click noise, and rotary speed, and easily access synth sounds to build custom tones and layers. After tweaking sounds at home, you can take your iPad to the gig and use the app for extra real-time control on stage. Cable-free communication between the VR-09B and iPad is simple to set up with Roland Wireless Connect. Alternately, you can link up with a standard USB cable using the appropriate adapter for your specific iPad model.
- Keyboard: 61 keys (with velocity)
- Keyboard Modes: Whole, Dual (volume balance adjustable), Split (split point, volume balance adjustable), 2-manual/3-manual mode (when using sold separately MIDI keyboard)
Sound Generator Section
- Sound Generator: Virtual Tone Wheel Organ, SuperNATURAL Synth, PCM Synth, *GM2 compatible sounds are included.
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices
- Parts: Organ (3 parts), Piano (2 parts), Synthesizer (2 parts), Drum (1 part), GM2 (16 parts)
- Sounds:245 sounds
- Registrations: 100 (4 x 25 banks)
- Effects (7 systems always on / global control): Overdrive, Tone, Compressor, Multi-effects: 20 types, Delay: 6 types, Reverb: 6 types, Rotary: 3 types
SMF/Audio File Player Section
- Playable File Format: SMF File: Format 0, 1, Audio File: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Recording Format: SMF File: Format 0, Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
- Recording Time: 20 seconds (stereo)
- Recording/Loadable File Format: Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
- Rhythm Patterns: 52
- Virtual Tone Wheel organ: Harmonic bar x 10
- Synthesizer controller: Slider x 5
- D-BEAM controller
- Pitch bend/Modulation lever
- Effects knob x 6 (global control)DisplayGraphic LCD 128 x 64 dotsExternal MemoryUSB Flash MemoryConnectorsOutput (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- EXT INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- DAMPER jack: TRS 1/4-inch phone type
- EXPRESSION PEDAL jack: TRS 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- PK IN connector: 8-pin DIN type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB Type B (supports USB MIDI)
- USB MEMORY port: USB Type A
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor, Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 8
- Current Draw: 600 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approx. 5 hours (approx. 3 hours if USB flash drive is connected). These figures will vary depending on the specifications of the batteries and the actual conditions of use. *Carbon-zinc batteries and alkaline batteries cannot be used.
- Owner’s Manual, Leaflet using the unit safely, AC adaptor, Power cord, USB memory protector
- Options (sold separately):
- Keyboard stand (*1): KS-18Z, KS-12
- Damper pedal: DP series
- Expression pedal: EV series
- Pedalboard: PK-9
- USB Flash Memory (*2)
- *1 When using the KS-18Z, ensure that the height of the unit is one meter or lower.
- *2 Use a commercially available USB flash drive or a USB flash drive sold by Roland. However, we cannot guarantee that all commercially available USB flash drives will work with this unit.
Size and Weight:
- Width: 1,008 mm, 39-11/16 inches
- Depth: 300 mm, 11-13/16 inches
- Height: 106 mm, 4-3/16 inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor): 5.5 kg, 12 lbs 3 oz