While the Revv G3 and G4 pedals are high-gain fire-breathers, the G2 dynamic overdrive pedal is a much tamer beast. Based on the 'green' channel found on most Revv amplifiers, this vibrant green stompbox delivers rich and sparkling tones to match its beautiful exterior.
The Revv G2 provides a touch-sensitive crunch sound that can react well to your playing dynamics and guitar's volume knob; much like a real tube amp. Also featuring a tweakable 3-band EQ, that familiar amp channel control-set is at your disposal, so whether you're plugging into a dark or bright-sounding amp; the Revv G2 can be tweaked to suit the tonal characteristics of practically any amplifier.
This pedal is far more versatile than being just a "crunch box" though. That's because at low settings, the G2 has a transparent and boost-like quality that can be employed to really spruce up clean tones. It can also interact nicely with a high-gain amp sound, tightening your tone and adding saturation.
Here's what Revv says about the G2 Dynamic Overdrive Pedal:
"The plan from the start with G-Series pedals was to recreate the tone of our amplifiers. The G2 was the final piece of that puzzle… but it turned into so much more! My goal was to make our most realistic & inspiring pedal to date. That actually came pretty quickly – a great representation of our touch-sensitive crunchy green channel!
However, I sent it to one of our Nashville artists. He had great feedback totally unrelated to our green channel. Rather, how to simply make the best pedal possible for this application with maximum versatility as an “amp in a box.” Then one of our employees said it would be cool if the G2 could be used as a boost as well… With these new goals in mind, the G2 quickly became an entirely new animal.
Very transparent at low settings – capable of livening up your clean tone, tightening a high gain sound, or boosting your tone into a creamy lead. Then, our sweet & dynamic green channel with powerful EQ to pair to your amp. Finally, a full but still very chimey distortion tone. This was our most important design yet. The G2 not only completes our vision for a modular rig solution, but has pushed us into new sonic territory we’re already seeing in new genres of music worldwide." - Dan Trudeau, President & Head Designer
- Organic & Inspiring – Touch sensitive crunch tones that interact with your guitar & volume knob.
- Create Your Own Overdrive – Huge range of drive & EQ options let you craft your exact sound – from clean enhancement to all-out overdrive.
- Be Heard – Careful voicing means you always cut through the mix.
- Integrates Into Any Rig – “Overdrive channel” in front of a clean amp, another flavor of gain with a multi-channel amp, easy traveling, great studio tool, works great with analog & digital gear.
- Modern Features – Single-space enclosure, standard 9v power, top-mounted jacks.
- Voicing based on Revv’s “Green Channel” from Generator amplifiers
- Clear, dynamic, amp-like tone
- Used by premier session guitarists worldwide
- 3 band EQ, 3 drive modes, volume, & gain
- 9v center negative tip (external power supply only)
- Easy to dial – get good tone quickly
- Blue LED for status confirmation
- Reflective green, laser-etched, powder coated chassis
- Optimized for analog, digital, & hybrid rigs
- Top-mounted jacks
- Built to last – 1 year warranty. Durable, tested construction