Midas 522 500 Series Compressor/Limiter with Dynamic Presence Control
2 IN STOCK
Order now for delivery to you on Wed 29th Jun 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 136 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Here's What Midas Say About the 522
500 SERIES COMPRESSOR LIMITER 522
The COMPRESSOR LIMITER 522 brings state of the industry dynamics control to a compact 500 Series format processor that is good enough to wear the MIDAS name. When used in conjunction with the LEGEND L10, L6, or other standard 500 Series rackmount chassis, the 522 provides the ideal solution for users seeking the legendary MIDAS sound in a modular format that boasts upgraded, premium-quality performance. Additionally, the 522’s dynamic Presence control enables operators to add “air” to vocals without the unwanted noise or pumping effects found in competing products – and reduces the risk of feedback occurrence during live performance.
Importance of Dynamics
Dynamics play a major role in music; they help to convey emotion, whether it’s a sultry blues guitar solo, a vocalist belting out his/ her message – or the punchy impact of a bass guitar or kick drum. Those dynamics are the essence of a natural sounding performance; it is what makes music interesting. But out of control dynamics can instantly mar an otherwise perfect performance. That is where compression comes to the rescue – softening loud sounds and boosting low signal levels that can often get lost in the mix. The resulting compressed signal creates a much more dense, impactful sound with richness and room for subtle nuances to come through.
Variable Dynamics "Air"
The range of mid-high audio frequencies (centered around 5 kHz) can be boosted to increase the sense of presence of vocals and solo instruments. As 522’s Presence control is adjusted above minimum, those mid-high frequencies are increasingly boosted during compression, allowing a sound or instrument to cut through or seem more present in the mix. This variable presence function enables the 522 to effectively operate with two different ratios, one for low frequencies (LF) and the other for mid-high frequencies (reduced ratio). The primary effects are: heavy compression and dynamic control can be applied without sounding unnatural; and the reduced compression in the human ear’s most sensitive range makes the material sound brighter. However, since high frequency (HF) make up gain is not required, unwanted noise, pumping, and howl-round during quiet passages are all greatly reduced.
- Compact 500 Series premium compressor/limiter with dynamic presence control
- Fully variable dynamic presence feature preserves high mid-range frequencies for a more natural sound during compression
- Dynamic presence control adds "air" to vocals without introducing noise or pumping effects and reduces the risk of feedback during live performances
- Manual envelope controls with linear peak-sensing compression or easy to use Auto mode with RMS compression
- Soft or hard knee compressor response with selection switch
- Sidechain high pass filter with selection switch eliminates undesirable low frequency compression artefacts
- High performance electronically balanced input stage with high common-mode rejection
- Discrete transistor driven transformer balanced output stage
- Precision gain reduction and signal level metering
- True hardware bypass selection switch removes all circuitry from the signal path when compression is not required
- Power up mute relays prevent switch on thumps
- Premium quality components throughout for a crystal-clear audiophile signal path
- 10-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
- Trade Doubler Group ID
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+