Over the years Jackson have built up their JS line to be great feeling, sounding and looking guitars that will not break the bank. Now the new Monarkh SC shape is entering the lineup with specs made for high speed, all out metal riffing but with a slightly more traditional look that you may not have seen from Jackson before.
Classic Meets Modern
While it doesn't look like it came from the 50's or 60's the Monarkh body shape using a single cut style that certainly hints at some old school influence. Made out of poplar and cut with a heavily contoured, thin design this body is comfortable while both sitting and standing and doesn't weigh too much so you know you can play it for hours without any fatigue.
If you are playing hard rock or metal styles chances are you probably want to play some super fast solos or riffs that are just not possible on a lot of guitars in this price range. So Jackson being kings of the slim neck guitar set up this guitar with a 1 piece bolt on Maple neck with graphite reinforcement that has their 'speed' carve for great fret access and minimal friction. Best of all they have used a compound radius 12"-16" fretboard that makes playing at the higher end of the fretboard so much easier. This is exactly what you want in a guitar made for metal.
Jackson High Output Pickups
This pickups in this guitar have been designed by Jackson to offer the highest amount of gain possible without making it quite a bit more expensive. These work really well with high gain sounds on your amp for metal, hard rock, punk and similar styles.
Body & Bridge
- Series: JS
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Satin Polyester
- Colour: Satin Black
- Bridge: Jackson Compound Radius Compensated
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: 1-Piece Bolt-On Maple Speed Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint, Speed Neck Backshape
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Amaranth, 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.75" (628 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Branded
- Pickguard: None
- Pickups: Jackson High Output Humbucking (Bridge) Jackson High Output Humbucking (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Middle Pickup
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges