Here's what Jackson says about the JS Series Spectra Bass JS3:
Versatile style and enormous sound collide in the allnew Jackson JS Series Spectra Bass JS3. The brand-new offset body style was designed with the artist in mind. The poplar body with large upper horn evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument, providing perfect balance by reducing neck dive for hours of comfortable playing. A graphite-reinforced bolt-on maple neck with scarf joint design provides rock-solid reliability, while the speed neck contour and 12”-16” compound radius laurel fingerboard with 24 frets make for lightning-fast playability.
The Spectra Bass JS3 provides a sound that is as unique as the bassist playing it. Whether it be funk, hard rock or gospel, dual passive Jackson medium-output humbucking pickups create a monstrous low-end growl, while a HiMass bridge provides enhanced stability, improved sustain and bolder tone. Tone can be further refined and tweaked with a two-way toggle switch for pickup coil splitting, 3-band EQ (active only), blend control and volume control (with push/pull selector to bypass or engage the active circuit for the 3-band EQ). With the push/pull selector, you’ll never have to fear a battery running out and losing sound. A quick pull on the volume knob will bypass the active circuit, making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power.
Offering more boom for your buck, the 4-string, 34”-scale Spectra Bass JS3 now comes dressed in a Snow White finish with gold hardware and a unique 2x2 black headstock with an understated J logo.
- Body Shape: Spectra
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Headstock: Unique Jackson 2x2
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Jackson HiMass
- Pickups: Jackson Medium-Output Humbucking (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 2-Way Toggle Switch (Pickup Coil Split)
- Controls: Volume (Push/Pull Selector for Active/Passive Options), Blend, 3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)