Here’s what Jackson says about the X Series Kelly KEXQ:
Armed with a slab top, electrifying angular shape and lightning-fast neck, X Series Kelly™ models exude metal sophistication, while also delivering massive sound and reliable performance at an exceptional value.
The X Series Kelly KEXQ features lightweight and resonant poplar body-wings with a quilt maple top, one-piece through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint, and a 12"-16" compound radius laurel fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays.
This axe is also equipped with a pair of volcanic Jackson high-output humbucking bridge and neck pickups, single volume and tone controls, three-way toggle switch and a Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo system that provides amazing tone, exceptional dynamic response and reliable performance.
The KEXQ is available in a gloss Cherry Burst finish with chrome hardware and white binding along the body, neck and Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock.
- Body Style: Kelly™
- Body Material: Poplar with Quilt Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 4, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Special Locking, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickups: Jackson® High-Output Humbucking (Bridge), Jackson® High-Output Humbucking (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges