The EBS Billy Sheehan Ultimate Signature Drive Pedal successfully distils the legendary bass players sound into one compact, versatile pedal. Its so good, that even Billy himself has integrated it into his setup! It includes all of the features of the Deluxe version, but boasts solid improvements and additions across the (pedal) board.
This pedal divides your signal into two parallel paths (distortion and clean). The drive and clean controls then let you decide the level in the mix and allow for a melding of the two signals. Your sound can then be manipulated further using an in-built compressor, a phase inverter – adding more low-end to the drive channel – and the boost footswitch.
Hi or Lo?
The greatest new feature of the ultimate version is the implementation of the Hi or Lo frequency filter. This special switch lets you reposition the frequency spectrum of the tone filter either up or down – further increasing the pedals overall versatility and increasing the amount of sounds you can produce.
- Magnet Type Footswitches
- Hi or Lo Frequency Range Switch
- Phase Inverter Switch
- Boost Drive Footswitch (Increases the Drive Gain)
- Clean, Level, Tone & Drive Controls
- Three Compressor Modes (Off, Mid, High)
- Clean Loop & Drive Loop
- Slim Design
- Type: Analogue Effect, Relay Tape Switching
- Weight: 420g (0.93 lbs)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 3.3" x 4.5" x 1.9"
- Power Requirements: 9, 12 or 18 V DC, 60 mA Max (Pedal will Shut off Below 6.0V)
- Nominal Input Level: - 8 dBv
- Input Impedance: 700 k Ohms
- Gain Range: Drive 20 - 50 dB
- Boost Adjustable: +3- 10 dB
- Tone Filter Range: 175 - 8000 Hz in two ranges
- Q: 0.7-0.9
- Output Impedance Loops: 2 k ohms
- Input Impedance Loops: 47 k ohms
- Mix Level Drive Channel: +3 dB max
- Clean Channel: +6 dB max
- Compressor Ratio: 5:1 (max)
- Threshold: -25 +6 dB
- Attack Time: (80%) < 7 ms
- Release Time: (80%) 75 ms typ
- Makeup Gain: 0, +3, +6 dB
- Output Impedance: < 50 ohms