Potentially the most advanced acoustic strings ever made. D'Addario's XS set are coated in a membrane just one tenth the thickness of a human hair - combining longevity and corrosion protection with the feel of your favourite strings.
NY Steel Hex Core
At the heart of a D'Addario XS string is a high carbon NY Steel hex core. This is the key to their fierce break resistance and tuning stability. The ball ends also feature a “Fusion Twist”, meaning the string won't slip from the bridge end. Less time tuning, more time playing.
D'Addario phosphor bronze string material is the secret ingredient to great acoustic tone. They give you warmth, clarity and sparkle in massive abundance.
That satisfying fresh string feel? You'll experience it far longer than from any uncoated equivalents. XS strings are fused in an ultra-thin film to keep dirt out the windings. Extensive playing tests prove harmonic overtones remain full and bright over 7000 strums in.
- Proprietary XS string coating for lasting tone and maximum life
- NY Steel hex core. Greater break strength and unmatched tuning stability
- Fusion Twist ball-ends eliminating string slippage
- Less acoustic damping than other coated strings, delivering pure D’Addario tone
- 100% recyclable packaging, including premium re-sealable VCI bag