Looking for a heavier guage string that can handle a bit of a thrashing? Take a look at the D'Addario EXL148 Nickel Wound, Extra-Heavy set Guitar Strings. These durable strings will provide the extra punch you are looking for!
Here's what D'Addario say about the D'Addario EXL140-8 Electric Guitar Strings:
EXL148 is an extreme hybrid set, optimally designed for tuning guitars down to C, or for players who prefer a heavier gauge string.
XL Nickel Wound, D'Addario's most popular electric guitar strings, are precision wound with nickelplated steel onto a carefully drawn, hexagonally shaped, high carbon steel core. The result, strings with long lasting, distinctive bright tone and excellent intonation, is ideal for the widest variety of guitars and musical styles.
- Hybrid gauges optimized for "C" tuning or players who prefer a heavier string
- Round wound with nickelplated steel for distinctive bright tone
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .012, .016 .020, Nickel Wound .034, .046, .060