Fender’s American Ultra series is arguably the most advanced range that the legendary company has ever produced. Developed to meet the needs of the discerning contemporary bassist, the Ultra Jazz Bass fittingly combines ‘60s cutting-edge with modern-day cutting-edge.
The results speak for themselves; unparalleled comfort thanks to a compound fretboard radius, Ultra-Noiseless pickups offering pristine tones, striking finishes – the works!
Body & Neck
An Alder body makes for a lightweight construction, as well as offering an extremely well-balanced tonal palette. Deep lows, throaty midrange and pronounced treble clarity like you wouldn’t believe – the typical Jazz bass flexibility taken to the next level.
A beautiful Rosewood fingerboard is then combined with a Maple neck. This adds additional warmth and attack, not to mention smooth playability thanks to the neck’s satin finish and rolled edges. As mentioned earlier, a compound fretboard radius makes the Ultra Jazz Bass neck an absolute breeze to play – perfect for lengthy sessions and challenging live situations.
Electronics & Hardware
Fender’s Noiseless range does exactly what it says on the tin. With the new Ultra Noiseless pickup range, it’s stepped up a notch. In this model, you’ll get a pair Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass pickups. Alnico 5 magnets and vintage-style voicing combine perfectly with the carefully calculated tonewood combination and construction. Add advanced switching to the mix, and you’ve got dynamic, punchy response that can be tweaked to suit any style with absolute precision.
The hardware appointments are the final piece of the puzzle. The combination of tapered-shaft vintage paddle tuners and bone nuts maximises tuning stability, so you can play with peace of mind. The HiMass bridge drastically improves resonance and sustain, allowing the wood & pickups to truly sing. All in all, the Ultra Jazz Bass is the ultimate refined take on Fender’s alternative bass guitar.
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Body Style: Solid Body
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt
- Neck Shape: Modern "D"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass (Toploaded)
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Passive Tone, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Pickup: Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex
- Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Strings: Fender 7250M Nickel-Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, .045-.105 (Model No. 0737250406)
- Includes an Elite Moulded Case