The Sterling by Music Man StingRay Ray4 is a workhorse of a bass that captures that iconic StingRay look and tone at a more affordable price point.
- Single ceramic humbucker delivers that classic StringRay thump.
- 2-band active preamp for shaping your tone.
- 34" scale length and 9.5" fingerboard radius offers classic playability
Body and Neck
The Ray4 features a basswood body that helps keep the weight of the instrument down and is paired with a maple neck and a matching maple fingerboard. This bass has a 34" scale length and a 9.5" radius fingerboard - a tried and trusted combo that offers classic feel and playability.
At the heart of the Ray4 is the single ceramic humbucker in the bridge position. It's this pickup that provides that classic thick and punchy sound that StingRays are revered for. To help get that tone to sit right in the mix the Ray4 features an onboard active 2-band preamp so you can tweak your sound to fit your needs.
- Model: Ray4
- Body Wood: Basswood
- Body Color: Vintage Sunburst Satin
- Bridge: Fixed Bridge
- Pickguard: Black
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4cm)
- Neck Radius: 9.5" (24cm)
- Frets: 21 Frets, Medium
- Neck Width: 1.5" (38mm) at Nut
- Neck Wood: Hard Maple
- Fingerboard: Hard Maple
- Fret Markers: Black Dot Markers
- Tuning Machines: Open Gear
- Truss Rod: Single Action
- Neck Attachment: 6 Bolt
- Controls: 2-band Active Preamp
- Switching: N/A
- Pickups: H - 1 Ceramic Humbucker
- Strings: .45-1.05
- Gig Bag: N/A