Here's what Fender say about the Kingman Bass
Unplugging With Style
Decked out in the electric-inspired style of Fender's California Player series, the Kingman Bass delivers the full, deep acoustic projection and comfortable playing feel you expect from Fender. Named for a famous stop along US Route 66, the short-scale Kingman Bass offers a gloss black finish, smooth-playing mahogany Jazz Bass® neck and convenient cutaway for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. This bass is built for one thing, and one thing only—to rock.
- Fender-exclusive Newporter Bass body shape
- Fishman® pickup/preamp system
- Painted solid spruce top; painted mahogany back and sides
- Mahogany Jazz Bass neck with slim-taper "C"-shaped profile; walnut fingerboard and bridge
- Matching painted 4-in-line Jazz Bass headstock
Unique Fender Body Shape
This bass' unique cutaway body shape is a Fender exclusive, giving it a vintage-inspired look with a modern twist.
Solid Spruce Top
Spruce is the standard modern tone wood for fashioning the tops of acoustic guitars and other acoustic instruments—few woods can beat its strength, brightness and dynamic range.
Fishman Preamp and Tuner
Complete with tuner, frequency (bass, middle and treble) and phase controls, this collaboration in preamp design is specially voiced for each California Series body shape.
Matching Painted 4-In-Line Headstock
The matching painted 4-in-line headstock on this bass is immediately recognizable and exudes classic Fender vibe. It also provides considerable strength and resistance to “whiplash” that can severely damage most traditional acoustics.
Mahogany Jazz Bass Neck
The supremely comfortable slim-taper "C"-shaped mahogany neck has outstanding fret-hand feel that's suitable for any playing style and enhances the overall volume and liveliness of the bass.
Walnut Fingerboard and Bridge
With a pleasingly dark look, smooth feel and vibrant tone, walnut is an excellent tone wood for crafting quality acoustic instrument bridges and fingerboards.
- Body Back: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Body Finish: Gloss Poly
- Body Shape: Concert Bass
- Body Binding: Aged White
- Bracing: Forward Shifted Scalloped X
- Rosette: 2-ring B/W/B
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Jazz Bass
- Scale Length: 30.3" (770 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® NuBone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Block
- Bridge: Modern Viking
- Bridge Pins: Cream Colored with Black Dots
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Open-Back Geared
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Gold
- Strings: Fender® Phosphor Bronze Bass (.045-.100 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Gig Bag