Free The Tone's Black Vehicle is a beast of an overdrive. Some distortion pedals muddy the sound of your instrument, but the Japanese stompbox masters have created the Holistic Tonal Solution circuit to keep your tone as transparent as possible.
Pre and post boost
The Black Vehicle benefits from two boost settings to mould your sound. The pre-boost adds to the gain stage and pushes this section for even more grit. While the post boost acts as a completely clean boost for more prominent sections.
Newly-designed EQ circuits expand the shaping possibilities you can get from the Black Vehicle. Sparkling overtones and long sustain are easily obtainable from this small box. A wet/dry knob allows you to blend the sound from the pedal with your existing amp tone and gain. On top, custom turned brass knob reduce vibrations in the shaft and wiper of the resistor that suppresses unwanted harmonics.
IC Tone Plate
A unique metal plate covers the IC tone chip to get the most out of the specifically-voiced characteristics of the Black Vehicle. It also acts as damping and shielding to prevent excess noise from external sources.
- Input impedance: min. 1MΩ
- Output load impedance: min. 10kΩ
- Controls: LEVEL, MIX, BASS, TREBLE, GAIN, POST BOOST, PRE BOOST
- Terminals: 2× 1/4" phone jacks (for input and output), 1× DC9V input jack (for AC adapter)
- Power supply: Dedicated DC9V AC adapter
- Current consumption: approx. 200 mA
- Dimensions: 95W × 124D × 51H mm (incl. protuberances such as footswitches, jacks, etc.)
- Weight: approx. 640 g (excl. battery)
- Accessories: Warranty card, manual, dedicated AC adapter, rubber foot x 4