Electro Harmonix Bass Clone
The Bass Clone by Electro-Harmonix is a chorus pedal by Electro-Harmonix that's almost identical to its guitar brother, the Small Clone, with a few added functions to make it more suitable for bass. The Clone is a famous chorus, most notably used by Kurt Cobain from Nirvana. It has a deep, lush texture that keeps a brilliant clarity that keeps a very low signal to noise ratio.
It's got a dedicated EQ control so that you control the chorus signal to avoid your bass signal getting too muddy. The treble will affect the whole signal, whereas the bass control, will not affect the modulated signal. it will only change the dry signal.
A chorus pedal feeds a dry signal as well as modulated signal to the amp at the same time. This is what creates that 'out of sync' sound and because of this, you can get some frequencies overloading each other. The X-Control toggle allows you to remove the low-end from the modulated signal completely. So you can still have that chorus texture but without it interfering with your bass tone.
Here's what Electro-Harmonix say about the Bass Clone
The Bass Clone chorus pedal’s core circuitry is nearly identical to the legendary Small Clone chorus, but with added features especially for bass. Chorus is a combination of modulated and dry signals.
The Bass Clone’s Crossover switch cuts low end from the modulated signal so the pedal delivers a more accurately articulated bottom end with excellent note definition. The Treble control affects the whole signal while the Bass control only affects the dry half.
Together with the Crossover switch they provide precise sound shaping that lets you achieve a tight, focused bass guitar sound with a well-defined low end and shimmering chorus on top.
- Compact chorus based on the legendary Small Clone with added features for bass
- Provides precise sound shaping control for a tight, focused sound with a well-defined low end and shimmering chorus on top
- Delivers an accurately articulated bottom end with excellent note definition
- True bypass switching for maximum signal path integrity when in bypass mode
- Tough, compact die-cast package
- 9-Volt battery included
- Optional EHX 9.DC/200mA power supply available
- Dimensions in inches: 2.75 (w) x 4.5 (l) x 2.1 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 70 (w) x 115 (l) x 54 (h)
Available For Order
Normally available in 21 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 21 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
UK Delivery £4.99