Aguilar Tone Hammer Preamp Direct Box and Pedal
The Aguilar Tone Hammer is the name of their powerful class D bass amplifiers that are tour ready heads that you can stick in your gigbag. Now they are bringing that sound to the pedalboard for those that prefer to have low stage noise and work via D.I. Based on their much loved OBP-3 preamp this pedal contains all you need to get great live bass tone straight through a PA.
This pedal is really easy to get up and running. Every control acts like you would expect from a preamp pedal with Master, Gain, Treble, Bass, Mid Level and Mid Frequency on the front of the pedal with a couple of footswitches. One footswitch turns the pedal on and off meanwhile the other engages their proprietary AGS or Adaptive Gain Shaping circuitry for a gain and EQ boost based on the settings you have on the pedal.
Here's what Aguilar say about the Tone Hammer Preamp
This preamp/direct box is so strong and powerful it could only be called the "Tone Hammer"! Based on the respected OBP-3 preamp, the Tone Hammer features fully sweepable midrange frequencies in addition to bass and treble controls. With the Tone Hammer's pristine D.I. you are set for the studio or the stage.
To give this tone shaping unit the ultimate flexibility we are introducing our proprietary Adaptive Gain Shaping circuitry (AGS). AGS allows the player to kick in an additional gain structure and EQ with the "stomp" of a button. You can now go from modern slap sounds to vintage or overdriven. 18 volt operation gives the Tone Hammer plenty of headroom to reproduce the most dynamic playing style. Separate Gain and Master controls allow you to dial in just the right gain structure for any instrument.
The Tone Hammer is the essential preamp/direct box for every bassist's tool box.
- Pre/Post DI
- Unbalanced output can drive a power amp
- AGS circuitry
- Cut and boost of treble, mid and bass frequencies
- Fully sweepable midrange frequencies
- Powered by two nine volt batteries, phantom power or optional universal power supply
- Ground lift switch
- Heavy Duty steel construction
- Inputs: One 1/4" jack
- Outputs: One 1/4" jack, One XLR (nominal output - 14 dBu balanced)
- EQ: Bass +/- 18 dB @ 40 Hz, Mid +/- 17 dB @ 180 Hz to 1 kHz, Treble +/- 18 dB @ 4 kHz
- Controls: Ground lift switch, Pre/Post DI switch, Engage switch, AGS switch
- Warranty: Three year limited
- Optional: 18 volt power supply
1 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 26 March 2018 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery