Marcus Miller is one of the bass world's most renowned players, with a distinctive and technically proficient style that has set him apart from his contemporaries. In order to meet his particular demands, Miller teamed up with MarkBass to collaboratively design a bass head that could cover the huge range of styles he's accustomed to. And the Little Marcus is the result!
With MarkBass' acclaimed build quality and attention to detail, you can expect hugely powerful and punchy tones from this portable and lightweight 250W head. The Little Marcus has a simple front panel layout, ensuring that you can easily manipulate your tone on-the-fly. Despite its no-frills feature-set, this amazing amp does have a few tricks up its sleeve however...
With two EQ sections, you have plenty of flexibility at your disposal. EQ1 boasts a 5-band tone-shaping section, letting you adjust the essential areas of the bass guitar frequency spectrum. With super-versatile Ultralow and High Mid controls, you can tailor your sound to suit practically any venue. EQ2 is where it gets really interesting, with two filters - Old School and Millerizer. With the first letting you add a more vintage character to your tone, the Millerizer will introduce more definition and mid-range punch for slap playing.
The larger 500W and 800W versions of the Little Marcus amp may be more suited to larger stages, but this 250W signature amp has more than enough volume and power to gig sizable venues with!
Here's what MarkBass say about the Little Marcus 250w Bass Head:
Marcus Miller is renowned for his groundbreaking style and trademark sound, and Marco De Virgiliis is considered an innovator, pioneering MarkBass' lightweight, portable, powerful and great sounding bass heads and cabinets. The Marcus Miller signature series is the result of the meeting of these groundbreaking roads.
It has been really exciting for Marco, working and developing a series of products with Marcus, as since the moment he started building his very first amp he has been thinking about him. It’s not just an endorsement, but a dream coming true.
We have 100% satisfied him, and everyone will immediately recognise his sound in every product of his signature lineup. But these amps not only let you sound like him, they’ll also cover all the different tones you need, with no limits!
The Little Marcus 250 is a smart, inexpensive option, and is great value for those who want the wide range of tones and portability of the Little Marcus heads but don’t need the full power of a 500W head. It’s great for practicing, rehearsing, and small/medium gigs.
- INPUT: impedance 500 Kohm, max. voltage 9 Vpp
- EFFECT RETURN: impedance 33 Kohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp
- GAIN: -46 dB to +23 dB range
- MASTER VOLUME
- LINE OUT LEVEL
- MUTE switch
- GROUND LIFT (switch on rear panel)
- PRE/POST EQ (switch on rear panel)
- FSW input for (optional) footswitch to turn on/off EQ1 and EQ2
- ULTRALOW: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 65Hz)
- LOW: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 180Hz)
- MID: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 500 Hz)
- HIGH MID: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 1.4 KHz)
- HIGH: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 3.8 KHz)
- OLD SCHOOL: Variable LOW PASS From 20KHz to 200Hz
- MILLERIZER: 5-12 KHz BAND PASS Filter (Level 0 /+10 dB)
- LINE OUT: balanced XLR, max. voltage 20 Vpp
- EFFECT SEND: unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
- TUNER OUT: unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp
- SPEAKER OUT: speakon/1/4" combo
- WEIGHT: 5.29 lbs / 2.4 Kg
- WIDTH: 10.87 in. / 27.6 cm
- DEPTH: 9.84 in. / 25 cm
- HEIGHT: 3.27 in. / 8.3 cm
- OUTPUT POWER: 250W RMS @ 4 ohms / 150W RMS @ 8 ohms
- POWER REQUIREMENT: 100/120V; 230V; 240V - 50/60Hz (Voltage is factory preset according to region of sale)