Ashdown's range of Rootmaster amplifiers are well known for being high quality, lightweight bass amps made for the gigging player. Now Ashdown are improving these amps even further with more power, lighter weight and more tone options in the Rootmaster Evo series. The RM-C115T-500-Evo is a 500-watts amplifier that is perfect for mid-sized gigs all the way up to large venues!
While the previous generation of Rootmaster amps sounded amazing they were a little bit heavier than what some players wanted. With the EVO's new more powerful power amp section and a new lighterweight design on the cabs you can expect your rig to be 35% lighter than the previous Rootmaster rig. Same great tone... no more back pain. This model weighs 17kg.
1x15" Combo Design
If you love your low-end loud and heavy then you need a 15" speaker in your combo. This large speaker designed by Ashdown really pushes the low end of the bass hard easily filling up a decent sized room with some rumble. Don't worry it still has plenty of mid and high response as well which only gets better when you add an external speaker. With the ability to support any 8 ohm speaker cab you can easily fit your sound to the room.
Changing between active and passive basses can be a bit of a pain. Mainly because the input level is so different instrument to instrument that if you forget while on stage you may have no level or all of a sudden become way too loud. The EVO now has dual inputs so you just need to change the input to be attenuated to the right level at a moment's notice.
Ashdown have always been known for their EQ circuits and the one on this little head is incredible. With 5 bands covering bass, middle and high as well as specific 240Hz and 1k5Hz controls you have a huge range of sounds at your hands. Not to mention that by flicking in the Shape switch you can transform the tone from the Rootmaster to a classic ABM style Ashdown tone.
Tone Shaping Options
If having all of those EQ options was enough this amp also has high quality, single knob compression built in. You even have built in overdrive and sub controls letting you really shape the tone to your liking. This really is the king amp for the player who wants to dive between a bunch of different sounds without having to change amps or carrying a massive pedalboard.
- Power Output: 500 Watts
- Power Handling: 115 - 230 Volts
- Speaker Configuration: 1 x 15
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x Speakon
- Frequency Response: -3dB at 17Hz and 30kHz
- High Instrument Input: Impedance 3.9m Ohms, input range 150mV - 20mV p-p
- Low Instrument Input: Impedance - 1M ohms Input range 150mv to 10v p - p
- Line Input: Impedance 10k Ohms, input range 300mV - 40V p-p
- DI Output: 600 Ohm balanced / Level -20dBu nominal
- Tuner Output: Impedance 22k Ohms / Level 0dBu nominal
- Impedance: Minimum 4 Ohm
- Signal to noise: Better than 80dB (EQ flat)
- EQ: Bass +/-15dB @ 100Hz Lo Mid +/-15dB @ 220Hz Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz Hi Mid +/-15dB @ 1.6kHz Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz shelving Deep +
- Effects Send: impedance 22k Ohm / Level 0dBu nominal
- Effects Return: impedance 22k Ohm / Level 0dBu nominal
- Distortion: Less than 0.5% THD
- H x W x D (mm): 590 x 470 x 335
- Weight (kg): 17kg