Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Iconic's Evolution S model represents the next stage of the archetypal s-type guitar — hence its name! Retaining the classic body shape, the Evolution comes supercharged with a raft of modern features that promise to provide you with the ultimate playing and sonic experience. This includes a thin "C"-shaped roasted Maple neck, a flat 16" radius fingerboard, stainless steel frets, Lollar 'Imperial' humbuckers and a super-smooth Gotoh 510 tremolo.
- 2-Piece Alder Body — Timeless tonewood choice synonymous with bolt-on electric guitars. Provides a balanced tonal foundation for the pickups, with tight lows, bold mids and singing highs.
- Roasted Flamed Maple Neck — Roasting process removes all of the natural moisture retained by the neck wood, ultimately darkening the material and making it far less vulnerable to warping when exposed to varying climates.
- Thin "C" Neck Profile — Slim, addictive shape lets you play blazing riffs and leads without hindrance!
- 16” Radius Fingerboard — Flat, contemporary radius makes fast passages feel effortless. Fingerboard enhanced with rolled edges for silky-smooth playability too!
- Stainless Steel Frets — Corrosion-resistant material is harder to wear down than conventional fret-wire, meaning decades of use!
- Lollar Imperial Pickups — Capture the airy top-end, balanced mid-range, tight lows and complex overtones of the original PAF humbuckers from the '50s.
- Schaller Megaswitch E — 5-way switch gives you access to a versatile mix or full humbucking and sparkly single-coil sounds. 1: bridge humbucker, 2: bridge inner coil, 3: outer coils parallel, 4: neck outer coil, 5: neck humbucker.
- Gotoh 510 Tremolo — Superbly-machined, 2-point bridge offers a responsive vibrato action and ensures precise return to pitch after heavy use.
- Gotoh Locking Tuners — Locking design secures strings to makes changes fast and hassle-free, with less wraps required around the tuning posts; enhancing tuning stability.
- Bone Nut — Classic, low-friction material minimises unwanted tuning slips and boosts sustain.
- Handcrafted in the USA — Built in California for the most discerning of musicians, promising "unparalleled tone and unsurpassed quality" in the company's own words.
- NAMM Exclusive Model — As one of their most exemplary instruments to date, this particular Evolution S was proudly showcased at the NAMM Show!
About Iconic Guitars
Hailing from sunny California, Iconic Guitars are a small team of custom shop guitar builders with a wicked sense of style. Their creations harness some of the high points of historic guitar building, all the while boasting extravagantly exotic finishes that you won't see anywhere else. These are some seriously unique instruments, hand-built to an unmistakeable high quality using top-notch woods, custom electronics and superior hardware.
- Body Wood: 2-Piece Alder
- Top Wood: Koa
- Body Shape: Evolution S
- Body Finish: Poly
- Neck Wood: 5A Roasted Flamed Maple
- Neck Profile: Thin “C"
- Neck Finish: Oil
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood (with Rolled Edges)
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Frets: 22, Stainless Steel
- Inlays: Abalone "I"
- Nut: Bone (1.687")
- Pickups: Lollar Imperial Humbuckers
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 5-Way Pickup Selector Switch (Schaller Megaswitch E)
- Pots: Emerson
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Bridge: Gotoh 510T-SF2 Tremolo
- Tuners: Gotoh Locking (Staggered)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome-Style