Please note: pictured is the right-handed model of the Martin D-35 David Gilmour guitar
Pink Floyd guitar hero David Gilmour has teamed up with legendary acoustic builders in what could be the most ambitious guitar crossover in recent history. The D-35 David Gilmour signature dreadnought is the result - a nod to Gilmour's personal D-35 which he's used to record some of the biggest records ever over a career spanning 40-plus years.
Only 250 of these guitars have been produced worldwide. Each piece is shipped in a moulded hardshell case and features a signed label from Gilmour himself. This is an incredible opportunity for you to own what is destined to be a truly sought-after instrument.
Just as you'd expect from a handmade Martin, this D-35 absolutely sings. The neck, back and sides are made of sinker mahogany picked out by David - a new wood addition to the Standard Series. It has a distinct grain, selected for its warm and rich characteristics. On top is Martin's impressive Adirondack spruce Vintage Tone System, specially crafted to ring out time-specific vintage tone.
Another change to the standard D-35 are the neck shape and fingerboard pattern, which have been cut to David Gilmour's own detailed preferences.
Nothing comes close to the dapper looks of a vintage Martin, and that's certainly the route they've taken with the D-35 Gilmour signature. Just a few of the stylistic highlights include the Madagascar rosewood headstock embedded with old style Martin script on the front and a unique Gilmour headstamp on the reverse.
Outlining the gloss finish top is a classic zig zag binding with an elegant bold herringbone style 28 rosette in the centre and tortoise pattern pickgurd. Adding to the retro flavour are a set of aged Waverly open back nickel tuners. This is Martin design at its finest.
- Series: Custom Artist
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back And Side Material: Sinker Mahogany
- Back Detail: 3 Piece
- Back Purfling: Zig-Zag
- Endpiece: Antique White
- Binding: Antique White
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Herringbone
- Neck Material: Sinker Mahogany
- Neck Shape: David Gilmour Shape
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Heelcap: Antique White
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 11/16"
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2 1/8"
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: David Gilmour Dot Pattern
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Back and Side Finish: Vintage Gloss
- Back and Side Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Top Colour: Antique Toner
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Aged Waverly Nickel Open Back Butter Bean
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Case: Molded Hardshell
- Label: Paper Label Signed By David Gilmour