Right at the top of Epiphone's acoustic guitar line is the Masterbilt series. The Epiphone DR-500MCE Acoustic Guitar in Natural is an electro acoustic dreadnought guitar featuring Epiphone's eSonic2 preamp system (made with Shadow electronics) which has a tuner, silent plug/unplug circuit, and allows you to blend between the undersaddle NanoFlex pickup and the magnetic NanoMag pickup.
And it doesn't end there. The DR-500MCE also features a high quality solid Sitka spruce top, bone nut and saddle, Grover tuners, and solid mahogany back and sides. Epiphone have not cut corners with the DR-500MCE, and the sound, and finish are testament to this guitar's superior quality. Backed by the prestigious Epiphone name, the DR-500MCE is an acoustic guitar for life!
Here's what Epiphone say about the DR-500MCE Acoustic Guitar
When it comes to acoustic guitar tone and quality, nothing performs like an all-solid wood instrument. Harking back to the 1930's and our heritage as masters of acoustic guitar design, the Epiphone Masterbilt Collection combines traditional construction methods and historic features with premium all solid tone woods to bring you a new "vintage" instrument with deep rich lows, shimmering highs and a balanced mid-range. While many other guitars in this price class use pressed backs, spliced neck joints and even artificial wood backs and sides, you can be assured that every Masterbilt holds true to it's all solid wood promise.
The Masterbilt Story
First released in June 1931, the original Epiphone Masterbilts made a big impression on musicians from all styles of music and the new Masterbilts have done the same. The original Epiphone Masterbilt catalog made the promise: "The possessor of an EPIPHONE instrument has the assurance that every possible precaution has been taken to build instruments for lifetime performance and pleasure." And we still make that promise!
Like all Masterbilts, DR-500MCE comes with Epiphone's Limited Lifetime Warranty and Shadow's 5-year warranty (electronics) and is backed by world famous 24/7/365 Gibson Customer Service. Break new ground with the Masterbilt DR-500MCE today at your Authorized Epiphone Dealer.
- Solid Sitka Spruce top
- Bone nut and saddle
- eSonic2™ preamp
- Grover® Sta-Tite™ machine heads
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body: solid mahogany
- Side: solid mahogany
- Neck: mahogany; 1-piece plus heel
- Neck Shape Options: SlimTaper™ “D” profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Dove-Tail with hide glue
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: rosewood with pearloid Split-Diamond Inlays
- Neck Pickup: Shadow NanoMag™
- Bridge Pickup: Shadow NanoFlex™
- Electronics: eSonic-2™ Stereo Preamp
- Controls: eSonic2™ preamp with built-in tuner, stereo output, Master Volume Pot, NanoMag™ EQ Pot, NanoFlex™ EQ Pot, Phase "Anti-Feedback" Switch, Electronic Tuner Activation w/Output Mute Switch Binding: Body: 6-ply; Neck: 1-ply, Headstock: 3-ply
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Frets: 20; medium
- Bridge: rosewood
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover® Sta-Tite™ 18: 1 ratio
- Color: Vintage Sunburst (VS), Natural (NA)