Here's what Fender says about the CN-60S:
The Classic Design CN models combine the easy playability and distinct tone of nylon strings with the comfort of steel-string spacing. We've replaced the typically wide necks normally found on classical guitars with the same easy-playing neck profile found on all other Classic Design models. The CN-60S also features a solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides and rolled fingerboard edges.
The CN-60S is a perfect choice for the developing player seeking a softer string that's easier to fret, while still offering the rich tones of a classical guitar. Putting comfort first, this instrument is an excellent starting point for those who are just beginning their musical journey.
Solid Spruce Top
Spruce is the standard tonewood for acoustic guitar tops—few woods can beat its strength, brightness and dynamic range, and it responds well to any acoustic playing style, from hard strumming to fast flatpicking or delicate fingerpicking.
With its comfortably rolled fingerboard edges, this instrument's neck creates an incredibly satisfying fret-hand feel that's ideal for beginning players or experienced pros alike.
This guitar combines the easy playability and distinct tone of nylon strings with the comfort of steel-string spacing for a best-of-both-worlds feel.
- Concert body style
- Solid spruce top with classical fan bracing
- Mahogany back and sides
- Easy-to-play neck with rolled fingerboard edges
- Body Back: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Top; Solid Spruce
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Concert
- Body Binding: Multiple
- Bracing: Scalloped X
- Rosette: CD Series Pearloid
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply Black
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: Fender® 'Easy-to-Play' shape with rolled fretboard edges
- Scale Length: 25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 18
- Fret Size: Vintage Style
- Nut Material: Plastic Nut Width 1.69" (43 mm)
- Position Inlays: Side Dot
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Bridge Pins: Black with White Dots
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: 3-In-Line with Amber Pearloid Buttons