The Music Man Valentine is the signature guitar for Maroon 5 guitarist James Valentine and it's been designed to easily handle funk and rock (blues etc.) with ease.
The body shape is brand new and resembles something between a 335 and a T-shaped guitar with a humbucker sized bridge pickup and humbucker in the neck.
The neck is a stunning roasted maple with 22 stainless steel frets. The satin finish on the back of the neck makes it feel so easy to play for all styles of music.
Both pickups are made by Music Man with a humbucker in the neck for those warm, woody neck tones. The bridge is very similar to a T-style singlecoil though it's in a humbucker size. So for jangly rhythm tones or more cutting bridge pickup sounds you can crank up the volume with the bridge pickup. It's also perfect for any clean guitar work that you want to cut through the mix. The bridge is a chunky hard tail the really allows the strings to resonate through the body for incredible sustain.
Here's what Music Man say about the Valentine
The Ernie Ball Music Man James Valentine “Valentine” guitar features a slab ash body, two Ernie Ball Music Man designed pickups (1-humbucker/1-single coil), with 3-way custom wired lever switch, coil tap, modern hardtail bridge with vintage bent steel saddles, 25.5-inch scale, oil and wax rubbed roasted maple neck with 10-inch radius maple fingerboard, 22 stainless steel frets, oversized 4-over-2 headstock and compensated nut, designed for superior tuning stability.
- Model: Valentine
- Colour: Trans Buttermilk
- Size: 13-1/4" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 38-7/16" long (33.7 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 97.6 cm long)
- Weight: 8 lbs, 0oz (3.63 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Music Man® Modern hardtail with vintage bent steel saddles
- Pickguard: Shell
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Headstock Size: 6-3/8" (16.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, medium width, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut, 2-1/4" (56.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Select roasted maple neck
- Fret Markers: 1/4" Black Face dots
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Standard – Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom spilt pickup configurations - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 3-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: SH - Music Man® custom wound staggered pole piece single coil (bridge) and humbucker with chrome covers (neck)